Nursing Assistant (Level 1 & 2)
Facility: Lincoln County Care Center, Shoshone , ID
Direct Supervisor: Director of Nursing
Indirect Supervisor: Administrator
Scheduling Requirements: FT Days
Travel Requirements: Minimal to none
The primary purpose of a Certified Nurses Assistant is to provide each of your assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident's assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisors. Nurse Assistants are required to be certified as CNAs within 120 days of employee’s hire date.
The Certified Nurses Aide assumes daily responsibility in the following areas:
- Accurately record all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc., in an informative and descriptive manner.
- Report all changes in the resident's condition to the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse as soon as practical including accidents or any other incidents.
- Assist residents during admissions, transfers and discharges. This will include but is not limited to preparing resident’s room for arrival, assisting resident to room and/or bed, introduce the resident to roommate and necessary staff, make resident as comfortable as possible, inventory and store resident closing, assist resident with packing/unpacking and helping resident to and from vehicle.
- Assist resident with any necessary hygiene activities. This may include but is not limited to daily cleaning and bathing, helping residents to the bathroom or offering bedpans, keeping incontinent patients clean and dry, and helping residents brush their teeth.
- Obtain daily assignments from scheduler.
- Complete assignments in a timely manner while attending to resident needs.
- Assist in the restorative therapy program as necessary; documenting therapies performed as instructed.
- Act as a one- on one companion to residents when assigned.
- Attend to resident call lights promptly.
- Provide housekeeping services when required in resident rooms
- Observe residents carefully, watching for injuries or sores that may appear as well as reporting any complaints the residents may have immediately to your supervisor
- Assist residents when they wake up, at meal time and as they go to bed.
- Follow care plans carefully.
- Follow all safety protocols and policies carefully.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Qualifications (Level 1)
- Ability to think and work independently or with direction, and communicate effective with other team members in a fast paced and at times high stress environment.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications (Level 2)
- Non-violent Crisis Prevention and Intervention certification.
Job Type: Full-time