Responsible for providing financial expertise, business support and oversight for a designated business area to assist in achieving key goals. Guides management on financial-related matters and decisions. Manages daily financial inquiries for a designated business area. Contributes to the development and implementation of business team priorities by participating in joint issue identification, analysis and resolution.
- Partners with business management to maintain a deep understanding of the key business drivers of the assigned area, specific business processes and priorities, and future strategic direction of the assigned area.
- Collaborates with business management and support teams to ensure meaningful implementation, delivery of customer value and positive business results.
- Develops and fosters a cross-functional team approach, providing financial management support to all levels of the business team.
- Leads the preparation of the financial forecasts and budgets, including the identification/quantification of risks and opportunities; involves facilitating the negotiation and agreement of key operational metrics and inputs.
- Performs periodic analyses of variances as compared to plan, forecast and prior periods. Prepares presentations and documentation of budget and forecast information.
- Addresses issues with appropriate teams to develop plan of action. Identifies opportunities to improve processes and practices. Works with business and functional teams to develop consistent management reporting and processes.
- Supports monthly reviews and periodic business planning sessions. Involves evaluating financial and operational results, monitoring data and contributing to the development of key initiatives.
- Identifies and analyzes various investments and substantiates rationale for projects through business case developments.
- Manages teams indirectly across client and operational organizations (including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other members of the team).
- Participates in medium term and strategic planning for the assigned business area.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in Accounting or Finance or High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in Accounting or Finance.
Experience with financial analysis, financial modeling, profitability analysis and/or auditing techniques.
Experience working as the financial liaison on a business team.
Experience in participating in medium term and strategic planning for the assigned business area.
Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example:
using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example:
inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example:
applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
At least 1 year of experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or an MBA.