PINC is the number-one provider of yard management systems, finished vehicles logistics solutions, and aerial inventory robotics (drones) to the world’s leading brands. PINC provides scalable software, hardware, and services that enable companies to move inventory throughout the supply chain faster, consistently, and cost-effectively.
PINC's team combines supply chain, transportation, logistics, and technology professionals working alongside with its extensive network of customers to develop tools that solve supply chain specific and complex problems.
We are looking for a software engineer who brings innovation and energy to our yard management and finished vehicles logistics solutions development. If you are passionate about innovation, software development, and working with amazing people, then please let us know.
Responsibilities for this position includes:
- Collaborate with team mates to formulate detailed designs, implement solutions from requirements, and estimate size of the work.
- Active participation in agile product development process and adherence to test-driven development methods
- Triage, debug and diagnose production and development integration issues
- Support product deployment, configuration, and testing
- Communicate pro-actively and listen carefully
- Work independently
- Commit to negotiated schedule
- 3+ years software development experience with emphasis on cloud-based application
- Familiarity with production UNIX/Linux systems and Internet technologies for service delivery
- Ruby on Rails implementation experience
- OO design experience and familiarity with web app frameworks such as Rails or Django
- Significant experience with SQL language
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university in computer science or related
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment by learning quickly, applying new knowledge effectively, and still maintain a disciplined approach to software development
- Ability to work both independently and with a team, with remote development teams (international)
- Passion for quality and continuous improvement
- Experience with Test Driven Development methodology
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience with browser compatibility issues
- Experience with geospatial and geo-location programming strategies a plus
- Experience with passive RFID technologies
- Good multitasking and communication skills
- Not complacent with the status quo
- Passionate about innovation and discovery
Job Type: Full-time
- Ruby on Rails implementation: 1 year (Preferred)
- software development: 3 years (Preferred)