Kale Chef Service is a woman and chef-owned local catering company specializing in gourmet foods. We have a retail storefront and commercial kitchen. We offer party platters to full-service event catering for intimate affairs to large corporate functions. We believe the best meals start with sourcing local and organic ingredients and cooking with the season. As a scratch kitchen, we’re looking to grow our time with like-minded chefs and cooks who have a passion for the culinary arts and believe in maintaining some of the industry’s highest standards.
We’re seeking hourly prep cooks to join our team. You will be responsible for washing, peeling, chopping, and portioning produce, meats, and cheeses for production. As well as assembling and packaging our products for sale.
- Will vary week to week, must have availability to work weekends. 10 AM – 6:30 PM, Weds- Sun.
- Prepare menu items in accordance with standardized recipes
- Use a meat slicer to cut gourmet meats and cheeses
- Use a cheese cutter and slicer to prepare cheese
- Wash and prepare produce
- Prepare cold food and our packaged food items to order
- Reports directly to the Executive Chef and in her absence, Sous Chef
- Have a fun and positive attitude
- A minimum of 1+ year of experience working in a professional kitchen
- You enjoy working alone or as a part of a team
- Take pride in your work
- Have a passion for gourmet foods and creativity
- Can work smarter, not harder in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to stand for 8+ hours a day
- Be able to lift heavy cases
- Maintain a clean and organized station
Compensation + Perks
- Competitive Hourly Salary: $17-$21 / hour
- Weekly Pay
- Complimentary Meals During Work