Full Job Description
Underwriting Intern - Real Estate Investment Property
CoreVest is the leading private lender to residential real estate investors nationwide. We provide long-term loans for rental properties and short-term financing for acquisitions and fix-flip projects. Interns will work with clients, internal teams and various third parties involved in financing transactions.
- Assist in underwriting and closing efforts for commercial debt financing transactions backed by single family rentals and multi-family rental portfolios
- Conduct cash flow analysis, underwriting, due diligence, valuation reviews and credit analysis
- Evaluate sponsor credit, background, financials, and operating capabilities
- Analyze rent rolls, operating history, valuations and cash flows on portfolios of single-family residential rentals as part of underwriting
- Prepare investment committee memo summarizing deal
- Assist with warehouse financing draws
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple transactions in a fast-paced deal environment
- Perform other related duties or special ad hoc projects as assigned
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Working towards Bachelor’s degree, finance or real estate related focus preferred
- Prefer rising Juniors or seniors.
- Experience in commercial lending – single family rental, multifamily, ground up and/or new construction lending a plus
- Strong analytical skills with financial modeling experience
- Ability to perform multiple assignments
- Customer focused mindset with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Good word, Powerpoint, and Excel skills
Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Be a integral part of an industry leader!
Each member of “The Core” at CoreVest plays an important part in the growth of the residential real estate investing industry. This a team who are here to serve investors nationwide and provide them with affordable financing for their real estate investment needs. CoreVest has closed more than 7 billion in loans and has financed more than 55,000 units.
This is a full time paid internship. In this role, you will work in our Irvine office Monday through Friday. The internship begins June 15th and ends Aug. 7th. If you have interest in this role, please send your resume along with a cover letter describing how this internship will help you to achieve your career goals. Please let us know any course or project work that may be applicable to the role. Send your resume along with our cover letter to Emily Watts.
Atlantic Pacific Group is the exclusive recruiting firm supporting CoreVest. For general information about CoreVest, feel free to reach out to one of our recruiters at 949-494-1420.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)