Everyone knows security needs to be “baked in” to a system architecture, but you actually know how to bake it in. You can identify and implement ways to harden systems and reduce their attack surface. What if you could use your Cyber engineering and architecture skills to design and build secure systems for the DoD? We’re looking for an engineer and architect who can create Cybersecurity solutions for the DoD that will stand up to even the most advanced Cyber threats.
As a lead Cyber solutions architect on our project, you’ll be involved in Cybersecurity across the development life cycle for customers: from the design and development of access control systems for assisting customers with improving the security posture of their applications. You’ll coordinate work with DoD customers and other contractors to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer’s IT needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you’ll advise on new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. You’ll lead the team through a critical approach to network design, providing alternatives, and customizing solutions to maintain a balance of security and mission needs. This is a chance to lead a team of experts to make a difference in the security of warfighter communications. You’ll lead efforts to help customers overcome their most difficult challenges by integrating secure practices like multifactor authentication, public key infrastructure (PKI), monitoring, and analytics. You’ll be able to broaden your skillset into areas like security automation and cloud-based security while building peace of mind in a critical infrastructure. Join our team as we improve the security posture of the DoD. You’ll be able to broaden your skillset into areas like into areas like security automation and cloud-based security while building peace of mind in a critical infrastructure. As a technical leader, you’ll identify new opportunities to use Cybersecurity solutions to help your customers meet their toughest challenges. Become a leader on our team as we improve warfighter communications through Cybersecurity.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 7+ years of experience with security engineering
- 5+ years of experience with programming languages, including Python, PHP, Java, Classic ASP, C, C#, or C++
- Knowledge of secure coding practices, secure architecture, PKI, multifactor authentication, and security automation
- Knowledge of large and complex DoD IT environments
- Knowledge of Agile development and DevOps
- Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
- ISC2 CISSP or CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Experience with security tools, including Fortify SCA, Tenable Nessus, or Wireshark
- Knowledge of PKI deployments
- Knowledge of Incident Cause Analysis Method (ICAM)
- Knowledge of Cloud Security
- Ability to communicate with senior executive DoD personnel effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to deliver presentations to senior leaders and in a conference setting
- TS/SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree in CS, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH)
- DoD 8570 IAT II Certification, including CCNA Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP
- DoD 8570 CSSP Auditor Certification, including CEH, CSA+, CISA, or GSNA
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that’s Booz Allen cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we’ve got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we’ve partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in Cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.