VECTOR TALENT RESOURCES JOB OPENING
Title: DEVOPS Engineer
Pay Rate: Up to $ 140000.00 plus benefits, PTO, Holiday Pay, etc.
Start Date: November 2019
Position Type: Contractor W2 or 1099
Period of Performance: 1 year
Location: Herndon, VA, United States
Parking: Free at the Building
Hours: Monday – Friday – 40 hours per week
Vector's Client in Herndon, VA is seeking an experienced engineer to complement the DevOps team on our path to gain greater efficiencies, decrease time to market, increase Engineering throughput and drive maximum value for the business. The ideal candidate will have broad knowledge and experience that stretches across multiple applications, platforms and infrastructures. We are seeking a team player that has an eagerness to identify automation opportunities and implement them in a collaborative manor. You will work alongside the DevOps Team in support of Engineering to maintain, administer and deploy by implementing technology automations that enable predictable and repeatable product delivery, with confidence and the minimum amount of human interaction.
- Implementing automation solutions in support of Engineering product development
- Analysis of workload processes to identify automation opportunities
- Follow Incident Management, Change Management processes
- Application administration for enterprise applications
- Develop, document and implement enterprise standards and procedures
- Troubleshoot issues that span hardware, software, applications and network
- Research and recommend emerging technologies to increase cost effectiveness
- Document existing systems architecture and technology portfolio
- Keeping Client secure
- Mentor other team members
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software, Systems, Electrical Engineering or another technical field.
A graduate degree a plus.
· Must have 3+ years of experience in a Development Operations organization administering, building and maintaining an automation environment.
To qualify for this exciting opportunity, you must have experience in the following core areas:
· Expertise with configuration management tools in production environments (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- Prior experience and understanding of implementing infrastructure as code and software defined networking in both cloud and physical environments. (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- 5+ years of experience with revision control source code repositories (GIT, SVN)
- Experience of Test of driven development
- Understanding of Scaled Agile and Lean methodologies
- Prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
- 5+ years of experience and understanding of virtualized Environments.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise LAN/WAN network architecture, TCP/IP, routing protocols, load balancing, firewalls and networking best practices
- Expertise with Workload Automation
- Strong Practical knowledge of administering server and workstation operating systems and architectures (Windows and Linux) 5+ Years
- Application administration and support
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl.)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Time management and multi-tasking
- Information Security aware, sensitive and savvy
- Exposure to systems that proactively monitor health and performance of systems and infrastructure
- Automate application build procedures and related build jobs for both development and production environments
- Provide automated monitoring, reporting & analyses for all aspects of the DevOps environments
- Provide technical support to development engineers in the area of tool usage and build environments; ability to provide guidance on make and build methodologies
- Integration of software and firmware applications with overall release management procedures
- Integration of software tool-chain into a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment environment
- Experience in satellite communications systems
- Experience with RF and telecommunications systems
- ISO/TL9000 experience
Vector Talent Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age or genetic information.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $120,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
- SATCOM environments: 2 years (Preferred)
- DevOps: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply