- Chosen candidate will gain extensive exposure to all facets of SGWS as they interact with corporate functional areas including Information Technology, Finance/Accounting,
Back Office Operations, Supply Chain Management, Business Intelligence, Legal, as well as, divisional/state Sales and Distribution Center personnel.
- Administrative Assistant/Business Analyst will support Back Office functions at SGWS to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the commercial, operational, financial and
strategic leaders to pursue opportunities for increased efficiencies in standardization, cost reduction, compliance with corporate standards, and the promotion of best practices across the company.
- Responsible for gathering information, performing discovery, documenting current business processes and gathering and analyzing supporting data covering various aspects of the business.
- Responsible for understanding and learning the alcoholic beverage distribution industry and how each functional business area operates (both locally and as part of the national company).
- Responsible for understanding how different functional areas interact with various software and tools to complete a task (e.g., order entry, customer service, sales force automation,
pricing, warehouse automation, delivery, finance/accounting, business intelligence, etc.) and then making recommendations to improve process or tools.
- Responsible for understanding and documenting deficiencies (Gaps) between go-to-market business strategies and existing system functionality.
- Responsible for gathering required information to build business cases and ROI around various alternatives (upgrade, enhance, develop, purchase) relating to systems and projects.
Present findings and recommendations to senior management with substantial supporting materials.
- Responsible for gathering data and format into reports, metrics, scorecards, etc. to support Executive Management and the business.
- Administrative duties to include but not be limited to the following “light-touch” responsibilities:
oAnswering and directing calls
oTransportation and travel arrangements
oExpense report reconciliation
oOther duties as they present themselves
- Special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- Emphasis in Statistics, Quantitative Methods of Business and/or Information Technology a plus
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- At least one year of professional work experience (internships will be considered as work experience)
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Ability to take responsibility and ownership
- Strong Technical skills in particular Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Must be willing to learn how to extract data from a database
- Must have a desire/passion to enhance/streamline various business functions towards more efficient practices in an effort to realize savings for the organization
- Must be able to clearly communicate and voice personal opinions about solutions/recommendations to various levels of management even when faced with opposition or pushback.
- Must be able to delegate work and be held responsible for various deliverables as well as manage (mainly outside parties) to milestone dates to ensure projects stay on task and budget.
- Must be willing to travel as needed
- Experience with large Enterprise Reporting Tools such as Microsoft Reporting Services and SAP Business Objects
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of extracting data from a database (knowledge of relational databases and Structured Query Language (SQL) is a strong plus).
- Overnight travel may be required to expose candidate to aspects of the business