Are you an experienced mobile home community or property manager, who is looking for a career with a stable and reputable company?
If you answered 'YES', then we are looking for you! We need a dynamic and talented community manager to be a valuable resource in creating a safe and inviting home environment for our residents.
Our salary package includes base salary, bonus and commission opportunities, company owned home, and utility allowance. We also offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits as well as 401k opportunities.
Mobile Home Community Manager
- Communication skills: Both verbal and written
- Sales experience
- Basic maintenance skills preferred
- People skills a must
- Effective problem solver
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work independently
- Time Management Skills
- Strong Customer Service
- Ability to Multitask
- High School Diploma/GED
SUMMARY: This is a responsible position accountable to protect, maintain and enhance the value of property assets in order to maximize financial return and for the benefit of the residents and the community. The manager represents the property owner to both the public and the residents. Housing within the community is provided as part of salary package.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other tasks as assigned or needed.
- Live on site or approved local residence
- Collect rent, home payments, and issue receipts on a timely basis and handle collection issues
- Make bank deposits on a timely basis and fax the deposits into the corporate office as requested
- Maintain accurate monthly rental summary and send to corporate office by deadline
- Negotiate and sign leases and rental agreements.
- Accurately collect, deposit, and record security deposits.
- Actively market and promote the community through dealer visits, advertising, and by other means
- Inform prospective residents of availability of nearby schools, shopping malls, recreational facilities and public transportation
- Perform regular inspection of premises and grounds for possible maintenance problems
- Schedule and/or perform maintenance work as required, direct and coordinate activities of maintenance personnel engaged in repairing plumbing or electrical malfunctions, painting or rehabbing homes, performing landscaping and/or grounds work or make arrangements for outside contracted labor to perform the work; whichever is applicable
- Show prospective residents available sites or homes and explain community guidelines and payment expectations
- Have community guidelines signed by new residents
- Investigate resident complaints in regards to maintenance or warranty problems and take appropriate actions
- Resolve and document resident complaints concerning other residents or visitors
- Enforce community guidelines and issue warnings when necessary
- Clean vacant homes when residents move out and arrange for painting, carpeting and maintenance, as necessary to make home ready for sale
- Review all invoices, mark them appropriately, and send for approval of payment
- Purchase pre-owned homes for re-sale
- Oversee the spotting and set-up of homes moving into the community
- Maintain periodic inventory of building contents and property condition
- Maintain accurate inventory of all community homes
- Maintain accurate occupancy and delinquency records and timely report same on company forms
- Go to court and conduct the eviction of residents, when appropriate.
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Maintain accurate records of all petty cash expenses, balance and submit for payment as needed
- Show and sell (or rent as appropriate) all the company-owned homes in community
- Prepare community news letters
- Plan and hold Community resident relation activities
Full-time position. Appointments may be made evenings or weekends to sell homes within the community. Manager must be flexible in schedule.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- Property Management: 1 year (Required)
- Home Sales: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift