Since its founding over 65 years ago, Vernay has developed into a trusted fluid control specialist serving leading OEM’s and emerging companies in the Automotive, Medical, Consumer/ Specialty, Printer and Small Engine industries. The company maintains engineering and manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and Asia as part of its strategy to provide customers with global reach and local service. This Machinist position will be located in Griffin, Ga. Vernay offers excellent employee benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays and vacation). Non-smoking and tobacco-free environment. We also are a Drug & Alcohol Free
To safely build, restore, alter, and service top quality molds and related tooling in the most effective and efficient manner using all machines, manual and CNC. Analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to make and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools and tool setup. Maintain Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity and 5S on a daily basis.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Must be able to operate multi-axis CNC Okuma machine, lathe, EDM, surface grinder, and mill efficiently and safely.
- Program a CNC control to make parts from blueprints.
- Operate and maintain tool room equipment, including but not limited to surface grinders, mills, drill presses, wet grinders, and welding equipment.
- Reads blueprint and job orders for product specifications.
- Understand geometric dimensioning and tolerancing of component and frame assembly drawings.
- Understanding of shop math and trigonometry to set up machinery and check accuracy of work.
- Maintain condition of existing tools.
- Understand all tooling stages operations so that quality concerns can be addressed and corrected.
- Make tooling repairs due to bad hits, double hits, bad set-ups, etc.
- Know use and effects of lubricants to produce the highest quality parts.
- Efficiently, track, stock, maintain and replace perishable tool room cutters and supplies
- Complete proper paperwork in order to track labor costs in the Tool Room.
- Work with other tool makers and engineers on assigned team projects.
- Maintain clean machines, equipment, and organized work areas.
- Fabricate, assemble, and maintain tools, dies and accessories required to meet internal or customer requirements.
- Provide input, as requested, to assist with tool design.
- Inspect all work to ensure specifications are met, utilizing appropriate measuring equipment.
- Maintain all personal measuring equipment ensuring measuring accuracy.
- Develop and oversee execution of prototype/production tool schedule.
- Provide technical leadership to tool makers.
- Ensure timely delivery and invoicing of prototype/production tooling.
- Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Must have working knowledge of multi-axis CNC Equipment and/or CNC controls, and basic computer skills
- Must have knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and their applications
- Minimum of 3 year experience as a Tool and Die Maker or Machinist
- Prefer Associate degree and/or technical training. Relocation Assistance will be available
- MUST BE WILLING TO WORK ANY SHIFT.
Job Type: Full-time
- Tool and Die: 3 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply