RETAIL CASHIER – full time - Dallas/westmoreland
We are looking for an accountable Cashier to process all transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with established policies and procedures. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our customer satisfaction and revenue growth objectives. Must pass a background check and experience is required. Goodwill Stores sell a variety of preowned items including clothing, shoes and housewares.
HOURS OF WORK
Variable days - Full Time (40 per wk.) Part Time (up to 20 per wk.) Weekends and flexibility required
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates the cash register and records each sale for the correct amount and category.
- Follows all cash register procedures such as, but not limited to: cash, check and charge transactions, employee sales, voids, returns, tax-exempt sales, cash handling and locking register drawer.
- Completes all cash register related forms accurately.
- Must be courteous to the customers, answers questions and assists whenever possible. Refers customer to store management if unable to assist.
- Abides by all store policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Must participate in the Round Up Program and follow the Round Up Procedure with every transaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store management.
EXPERIENCE AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- At least 6 months cash register experience, preferably in a retail environment.
- Have good oral and written communication skills, and basic math skills.
- Other - Able to meet public in a friendly and courteous manner, handle complaints in a tactful manner.
- Able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Able to bend, stoop and reach frequently.
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours a day.
Pay & Benefits
- $9.09 hourly
- Free Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Free Life Insurance
- Free Long-term Disability
- Paid Holidays – 8 per year
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Medical, Dental and Vision with a portion paid by the company
Goodwill Industries of Dallas
We are a 92-year old, financially strong, not-for-profit organization that focuses on helping people with disabilities and disadvantaging conditions find meaningful employment. We provide employment in our donated goods and fulfillment businesses as well as train and place people into jobs in the community.
EEO/AA-M/F/Gender Identity/Gender Expression/Disability/Protected Veteran Status/Sexual Orientation