Pearson Candy Company is an iconic chocolate and confectionery manufacturer headquartered in Saint Paul, Minnesota. We have a rich history of making candy since 1909. Pearson's promotes collaboration and teamwork across the organization.
We are currently seeking a Quality Technician to join our team! The Quality Technician is responsible for assuring compliance for product requirements to meet company expectations and customer satisfaction.
Full-time Monday - Thursday, 2nd shift
- Collect 5-20 finished products in 15-minute intervals, weigh and record deviations from standard.
- Examine package fabrication of pouches, cartons and shipping containers to ensure their quality.
- Examine code dates on pouches, cartons and shipping containers to ensure their accuracy.
- Examine metal detectors for potential foreign material in product.
- Perform occasional lifting up to 45 pounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing environment
- 1-2 years quality control experience in a high-speed production line operation (preferred)
- Knowledge of SQF standards, HACCP & Food Safety initiative’s
- Working familiarity with GMP and other food safety standards including HACCP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products primarily Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability and willingness to learn internal software programs
- Safety standards require the ability to speak read and write in the English language
- Must be able to work in an environment that handles allergenic ingredients including milk, soy, eggs, wheat, peanuts and tree nuts.
We offer competitive pay, plus medical/dental insurance, 401k, paid time off, company paid: life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability and holidays.
Pearson Candy Company is equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour