This position is responsible for contributing to overall corporate satisfaction by providing internal and external customers with timely, responsive, value-added services and work products. The tax department delivers a full range of tax services and is accountable for the reporting, monitoring and planning of federal, state and local corporate tax for BCBS and its subsidiaries. The tax department also participates in M&A activity with other business areas of BCBS with a focus on tax structure and limiting tax exposures. The department also works with others throughout BCBS to provide planning, expertise and consulting on various tax initiatives. This position oversees those responsibilities.
The position also develops the tax department team by delegating tasks, reviewing work and providing performance feedback and training. Lastly, this position participates in meetings and communicates with various departments throughout BCBS and external consultants/agencies.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- Minimum of four years of auditing, tax or legal experience
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local tax laws
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Statutory Accounting Principles, government regulations, employee benefit regulations and insurance industry and business practices
- Experience in a position requiring project leadership
- Experience in a position interpreting and communicating information orally and written
- Experience in a position analyzing information to solve problems
- Excellent organizational skills
- CPA strongly preferred
- Experience in the insurance industry and/or corporate tax is preferred
- Management experience with a exposure to tax preferred