Account Executive, Business Development - Sales - Washington, DC, Virginia
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for an Account Executive in Business Development Sales for our Washington, DC; VA territory. This role is Remote based.
Dell EMC Federal seeks a Northern Virginia based Business Development Executive with responsibility for driving the identification, development and capture of large strategic programs. A working knowledge of the overall Federal organizational structure, operating environment, major IT applications, and acquisition processes is required. A demonstrated understanding of DOD / Army organization, priorities, and strategic direction is desired.
- Support market assessment and strategic planning and will have played a hands-on role in new revenue attainment
- The individual should have strong communication skills with the ability to consult effectively with government clients and contractor community executives
- Ability to partner with alliance/channel partners to craft and support the sale of solutions
- 15 years+ experience in Federal sector sales, opportunity management/proposals, program management, contracts or services preferred. Practical knowledge of procurement practices and budgeting within public-sector technology procurements. Deep business acumen with respect to Dell and our competitor's products and services as they apply to large and complex information management solutions. Excellent financial acumen and experience at developing pricing and post award profit enhancement programs. Extensive contracts management and negotiations skills strongly desired. Sales skills and experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. MBA desirable. 25-50% Travel required, primarily within the US, with travel time expanding as required to meet program objectives
- Strong influencing, presentation and professional sales skills
- Ability to develop long-term strategic and executive level relationships
- Proven track record of building relationships, influencing thinking through a consultative sales process, and closing complex long term engagement
- Experience managing business development or delivery efforts
- A solid knowledge of the competitive landscape, including an understanding of key contract vehicles used.
- Established relationships with relevant clients and contractors and experience supporting different aspects of the sales lifecycle including opportunity identification, qualification, account penetration, pursuit strategy, and contracting processes
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills and experience creating and providing inputs for proposal content, plus the ability to create and communicate value propositions
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dells team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.