Mama Margie’s Shift Managers must be passionate about serving great tasting fresh food, insisting on continued sales growth resulting from great food and service! You must have the desire and ability to make a difference in our operations by continually working towards improving food quality, increasing sales, improving customer service, and controlling food cost. You must be able to inspire all employees on your shift to perform at a higher level through training, strategy, and motivation.
Shift Managers will ensure compliance with company standards in all areas of operation including food preparation, customer relations, employee and customer safety, scheduling, training, recruiting and retention of team members (including disciplining and firing if needed). You will make bank deposits, and complete daily paperwork, and other duties as required or assigned. You will report to the Assistant GM and the Owner/GM. You must be dependable, have reliable transportation and telephone, able to operate in a fast paced environment, willing to learn all positions of the restaurant, and able to work weekends and holidays including Christmas. This position also requires, by way of example only, the ability to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods up to 10 hours in length, the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and being able to use motion that entails pushing, pulling, bending, stretching, and continuous use of fingers and wrists. You must have knowledge/experience using email and Microsoft Excel and Word, solid communication, math and leadership skills, and able to pass drug testing. Previous fast food or casual dining management experience is required.
Scope of Authority:
The Shift Manger must be available to help out his subordinate managers on his shift. Areas that the shift manager will be available to help his subordinate managers includes but is not limited to employee concerns, employee training, safety, sales goals. He/she must be accessible to subordinate managers regarding questions and problems they may have. The Shift manager will implement processes for their particular shift, as handed down from the Asst. GM. He/she must Identify and develop employees on their particular shift with Management/Leadership potential and then develop these employees and then recommend them for promotion (coordinate with the Owner/GM and the Asst. GM). The Shift manager must treat all employees with respect and apply discipline and rewards consistently to all employees.
Shift Manger Expectations
- Ensure the shift operations run smoothly and efficiently. This includes making sure enough employees are hired for the shift and all new employees on your shift are fully on boarded before they start work, and complete new hire orientation in a timely manner.
o Managing a shift of 20-30 employees
- Make a positive impact on customer service-Take care of customer complaints and take a proactive role on improving customer service at Mama Margie’s. Training subordinate managers (by proper coaching and training) how to resolve customer complaints and to deliver excellent customer service. Preventing customer issues from being another shifts problem.
- Be able to anticipate problems and issues with big orders and peak rush periods.
- Managing large orders and catering events that exceed company expectations.
- Be creative and work towards new ways to increase sales on your shift. Suggest ideas to the Asst.GM. Always look for ways to improve sales by posting specials on the marquee and more importantly, making sure every customer has a positive dining experience.
- Follow all Safety and Health Department Rule and to encourage and train all subordinate managers and employees to do the same. Make safety a priority on your shift.
o Ensure that all customer and employee accidents are reported immediately and appropriate protocol is followed on all employee incidents and customer incidents.
- Continually improve the store’s cleanliness. Encourage and motivate all subordinate managers and employees to do the same.
- Always raising subordinate managers and employees expectations of providing faster, better service, better food quality, and a cleaner restaurant.
o Conduct Regular Meetings with your staff to review goals/expectations.
o Conducting Employee Evaluations to encourage and motivate employees
- Keeping up with the daily and weekly recordkeeping and paperwork /reports required by the corporate office.
o Submitting employee discipline and termination reports according to deadline
o Submitting payroll and other regularly required reports and training
o Managing cash handling requirements and bank deposits ensuring policy requirements are followed.
o Scheduled Inventories
o All other reports required
- Controlling food and labor cost-
o proper scheduling and staffing
o Controlling Employee Meals, Food Waste and Theft
o Controlling the amount of food made and making sure the food served is always fresh.
o Following proper purchasing procedures if applicable
- Keep Certifications up to date related to Food and Alcohol Safety ; Including but not limited to , Serv Safe and TABC
- Continue to update and use job related knowledge, especially with computers, new software, email and other technology. Become familiar with corporate email so you can effectively communicate with the corporate office, HR and Senior Management and subordinate managers and employees.
- Attend Management trainings required by law and additional training by HR manager and other resources in Mama Margie’s
- Train employees properly on their positions, safety, customer service etc.
Mama Margies Mexican Restaurant
17196 IH35 N Schertz, TX - 78154