We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We've set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren't stopping there. We seek to bring that same openness and simplicity to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we're building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
As a Senior Manager, you will lead and deliver large, complex projects that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for Shift. You will contribute to the company's growth and development in a variety of ways.
What we offer
- Competitive pay and commission structure
- Benefits package (401k, Health, Dental, Vision, Life etc that starts day 1 on the job!)
- work-life balance
- Paid time off
- Laptop provided
What you'll do
- Lead sales / F&I engagement; mobilize and manage project teams; define deliverable structure and content; Lay out strategy to achieve F&I goals, both quarterly and annually; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage project economics; manage project risk.
- Participate in Business Development, develop and maintain contact with top decision makers; work with Platform and communicate in plain terms what needs and capabilities are; work with current and new vendors
- Develop practical solutions and methodologies; be able to understand and debug issues with sales process
- Perform the role of counselor and coach, provide input and guidance into the staffing process, provide leadership and support for operations teams in the organization
What you'll have
- You have 5-10 years of experience in Project Management
- You demonstrate proficiency in managing analytically rigorous initiatives
- You have experience reviewing and analyzing sales data and summarizing key takeaways for management
- You have the ability to establish relationships across Technology and Operations teams and work as a partner in pushing the work forward
- You can effectively manage a team
Nice to haves
- Experience in the Automotive space including an emphasis on working in the Finance and Insurance and/or Sales sector
- Experience with analytical tools like Google Analytics, Periscope Data, and Salesforce
- Project experience could include:
- Digital Finance Transformation
- Auto Captive Finance
- Capital Markets
- System Integration
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We've built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
Shift is the Bay Area's #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We're serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
Shift is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.