About the Company
FlexSteel Pipeline Technologies is a manufacturer of proprietary spoolable pipe solutions developed from more than 30 years of experience in demanding offshore environments. Our pipe uniquely combines the corrosion resistance and installation advantages of flexible pipe with a core of steelthe industry standard for durability. With unmatched structural integrity, FlexSteels unique characteristics make it the best and most versatile choice for a variety of environments and applications where traditional steel and other flexible pipe are either costly to install or prone to failure.
FlexSteel is a hard-working, driven and dedicated team united by a commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence in all that they do. The culture of FlexSteel can be described as energetic and passionate and is felt daily throughout the company. Employees thrive on excitement and contribute to a positive atmosphere by believing in the companys product and taking their role as FlexSteel brand ambassadors seriously. FlexSteel embodies teamwork with a focus on hiring top talent and caring for employees.
FlexSteel is owned by Prime Natural Resources, a private-equity backed diversified industrial holding company with corporate offices in Houston, Texas and currently investing out of a $500 million fund.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual in this position must use initiative and judgment arranging job details to achieve predetermined objectives. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop trust, loyalty and solid long-term relationship with key customer decision-makers
- Understand current and prospective customers’ needs, business issues, and buying motives
- Delivering the right solution for client’s evolving business requirement with prompt and efficient service
- Own executive-level client relationships, strategic business planning and service delivery
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts, funnel hygiene, target/objective updates to delivery on all account plans and annual targets
- Cold calling on prospective and/or existing clients with new fields of play
- Ensures the timely review, strategy developments, accurate evaluations and effective bids on all inquiries
- Continually evaluates the market within assigned areas, remains totally aware of the competitive environment and profitable status of each account
- Identify opportunities to grow the regional customer base and prepare action plans to convert sales prospects into new accounts.
- Conduct technical presentations and discussions to promote the product.
- Visits to ongoing installation projects to understand product applications and to help in developing strong customer relationships.
- Participate in local marketing events such as seminars and trade shows.
- Identify and resolve client concerns should any arise.
- Prepare a variety of status reports such as sales forecasts, and progress to goals.
- Travel extensively within the region and as necessary to support scheduled sales meetings.
- Perform other duties as directed.
This position may be responsible for directing or coordinating the work activities of others. The following positions report directly to this position:
None at this time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Ability to think and act strategically, including navigation through all levels of a client or prospect organization
- Select and qualify profitable opportunities
- Ability to deliver on growth and profitability
- Ability to work effectively with shifting demands and rapid change
- Ability to plan, coordinate and monitor a significant number of functions/tasks simultaneously
- Exceptional listening and communication skills and ability to build rapport with customers and diverse audiences in a variety of settings
- End to end knowledge of the sales cycle and how to effectively launch and execute a sales pursuit.
- Proven sales track record.
- Work requires significant local/overnight travel to current and potential clients.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Responsible and reliable while working independently.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self motivating and directing.
- Ability to close a sale.
- Ability to develop customer relations/markets.
- Basic finance skills.
- Confident with cold calls.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with 7-10 years experience or a combination of education and experience.
- At least 3 years of pipeline related sales and technical experience of major exploration and production or midstream companies.
- Solution selling or customer-centric sales methodology knowing and experience an asset
- Demonstrated success managing both short and long-term selling cycles while effectively and consistently applying a multi-step selling process/methodology
- Evidence of selling and managing customer relationships
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Understanding of oil/gas business with upstream, pipeline experience.
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
- Proficiency with Salesfore.com or similar type of CRM package a plus
- Miller Heiman Certified a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Those generally consistent with a business office environment; frequent traveling may require sitting for long periods of time (flying and/or driving).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Those generally consistent with a business office environment. Work requires significant local travel and may require occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
Job Type: Full-time
- Pipeline: 3 years (Preferred)
- Salesforce: 3 years (Preferred)