A leading Upper East Side Wine & Spirits Store is seeking an entry level person to join our Team. You will learn all aspects of Wine and Spirits Retail. We are looking a team member who demonstrates the desire to increase their wine knowledge and improve their professional skills. The position offers the opportunity to join in our professional tastings and participate in all aspects of retail operations.
· You must be 21 years old to apply
· Saturday, Sunday, Evening & Holiday hours are required
You will be responsible for:
1. Learning the major wine producing regions, grape varietals, flavor profiles, and how wine is produced.
2. Stock work and local deliveries
3. Providing basic customer service for wine purchases
4. Cashier operations
5. Phone orders
6. Maintaining inventory on the selling floor
7. General Maintenance and cleaning the store daily
8. Receiving merchandise deliveries from our suppliers
- The ability to read and write in English.
- Lifting 40-50LB cases to and from the cellar multiple times a day
- The ability to read and recognize wine labels in English, French, Italian and Spanish.
- Evening, Weekend and Holiday work hours are required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
masks required by staff and customers
mutiple disinfecting daily
limiting store capacity
pick up and delivery available
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- New York, NY 10028 (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish French or Italian a plus (Preferred)
Employees working per shift:
- Wine and spirits education leading to possible promotion within the store
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place