Director Call Center Operations is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of the collision call center operations. Primary duties include management and leadership of processes for the continuous improvement of the customer experience. Emphasis is on customer care, scheduling, quality management, workforce planning, recruiting, coaching and training. Performance metrics include the call efficiency, accurate scheduling of ABRA services, staffing utilization, acceptable turnover, and financial performance. A commitment to excellence is demonstrated through continuous staff development enhancing employee engagement, service, knowledge, skills, and moral. This role will also lead and manage a team of direct reports across geographies.
- Establish and meet call center performance targets for speed, accuracy, close ratios, abandoned percentages, service levels & customer satisfaction.
- Determine appropriate structure within the call center and provide oversight of the call center operations including outsourced and remote call center operations. Accountable for proactively anticipating and preventing issues that could result in customer dissatisfaction or failure to deliver services.
- Partner with 3rd party call centers to establish synergies and leverage the latest technology.
- Forecast call volumes and adjust staffing levels based on volume fluctuation. React quickly in response to weather and other events that generate a high demand for ABRA’s services.
- Establish new and regularly update policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for call center operations. Ensures that staff and internal ABRA customers are educated and updated on policies and SOPs.
- Analyze performance metrics reflecting work volume, trends and service levels of call center. Redesign call center dashboard as needed to gather and report relevant and actionable data.
- Collaborate with business development/insurance relations function to work in collaboration with insurance partners to ensure the call center is meeting customer needs. Works to identify and reduce non-value added activities.
- Oversee performance, development and retention of the call center teams to continuously improve the customer experience and ensure company performance metrics and standards are being met or exceeded. Develop and maintain effective and efficient recruiting, training, coaching, recognition, performance standards, delineation of duties and responsibilities, staffing levels and supervision.
- Actively participate in leadership meetings, work closely with executive management to understand company goals, and creates department vision, strategy and key performance indicators (KPIs) in order to contribute to the achievement of goals.
- Partner with collision market leadership and works to identify and reduce non-value added activities and improve department processes.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective internal and external quality assurance programs and metrics fostering continuous improvement and exceeding service level agreement performance. Gain insights from data by evaluating reports, metrics, and KPIs. Lead improvement initiatives to ensure goals are met.
- Responsible for development and administration of annual department budget to attain business goals with operational stability.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in call center operations management; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Perform other duties as required to successfully meet the needs of the business
- 8-10 years of leadership experience.
- Minimum 5 years of call center management experience in a similar or larger size call center, preferably in a high-growth business.
- Deep aptitude and broad experience with technology
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven leadership capabilities and demonstrated ability to motivate and retain employees.
- Strong technology aptitude in call center and scheduling systems.
- Demonstrated analytical skills including working knowledge of financial statement analysis, and staffing models.
- Exceptional ability to develop and manage results-oriented recruiting and training programs.
- Measurable experience in managing multi-shift, multi-time zone call center operations.
- Strong mentoring and relationship building skills with ability to effectively manage group and interpersonal conflict situations.
- Must demonstrate leadership, judgment, and ability to resolve complex situations with employees.
- Ability to be a team player with proven ability to wear multiple hats and thrive in fast-pace environment.
- Superior skills in organization, prioritization, time management and multi-tasking.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and CRM experience preferred.
- Position is based in a normal office environment with standard noise, white noise, and temperatures. Occasional lifting up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends as needed.
- Occasional out-of-town travel.