Full-timeEstimated: $63,000 - $84,000 a year
Full Job Description
Entry Level Project Manager – Base Building Construction
Head of Base Building Construction Department
Frederick, Maryland and projects throughout Central Maryland and Northern Virginia
To provide management and oversight for all phases of Commercial Construction projects, including but not limited to preconstruction bidding, estimating, and permitting, procurement and management of subcontractors, material and equipment, and ensuring that construction is per drawings and specifications while proceeding on schedule and within budget.
Job Duties / Roles / Responsibilities:
- Solicit project bids and review scopes of work for all trades, vendors, and suppliers.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Continually maintain up to date historical costs for all different types of work so that in-house estimating can be completed timely and accurately.
- Assist in developing accurate schedules for project completion. Coordinate with Project Superintendent to update and distribute schedules regularly during construction.
- Provide management of every aspect of permit processing including completion of application, submission, addressing review comments, and follow up through issuance of permit.
- Work with local utilities to ensure utility service is received in a timely manner.
- Review, authorize, and track invoices. Collect release of liens as required to process invoices.
- Review and negotiate change orders for unforeseen conditions, additional scope, and design revisions.
- Manage the submittal and request for information process coordinating with subcontractors and the design team for reviews and responses.
- Be knowledgeable with all changing regulations & codes. Maintain construction standards that achieve compliance with local jurisdictional requirements while minimizing cost.
- Review drawings and specifications for completeness and accuracy
- Work with Project Superintendent to ensure contractors work is performed to the desired quality, compliant with all contract documents and jurisdictional requirements.
- Prepare and submit progress and cost tracking reports.
- Ensure proper communication and responsiveness with Base Building Construction team as well as other St. John Properties departments so that issues are resolved in a timely manner. Record and issue meeting minutes and agendas for weekly progress meetings.
- Provide field supervision at project locations as needed.
- Work closely with St. John Properties Property Management department on project turnover and punch list. Address warranty issues or other construction related efforts as needed.
- Assist with LEED submission and collection of documentation for LEED credits as needed.
- Other duties as assigned. Primary expectation would be to assist Head of Base Building with administrative tasks as required by their efforts, however, at times will be expected to help others as needed.
- Commercial construction experience – minimum of 3 years of experience assisting or supervising construction projects.
- Knowledge of all construction trades.
- BS in civil engineering or a degree in engineering/construction-related field from a four-year college or university.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to improve, refine and implement procedures.
- Strong working skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Project, Powerpoint, etc.), Budgetrac and Nexus.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provide transportation to project locations as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Construction Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible