All applicants are required to submit an application. You may visit our website at www.braysisland.org to download an application. A complete application may be sent via fax: 843-846-5510, via email via mail: P.O. box 30 Sheldon, SC 29941, or drop it off at our Security Gate.
FUNCTION: Provides support to plantation kennel operations. Ensures all programs and services are fulfilled in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of Brays Island Plantation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides general care of kennel dogs.
- Cleans kennel to include ensure kennel area is clean and well maintained.
- Takes reservations for boarding.
- Provides care and well-being of Brays Island Plantation dogs and owner-boarded dogs/animals.
- Records animal’s history, weight, food intake, diet, behavior and other symptoms for each animal at the kennels and ensures all records are up-to-date.
- Provides routine care to animals to include dispensing and giving medication, inoculations, cleaning teeth, etc.
- Consults and works with veterinarian to diagnose medical conditions or treatment on any injured or ill dog to include administering injections, venipunctures, wound dressings or other tests. Monitors vital signs of any injured or ill animal.
- Provides reports to and keeps Director of Wildlife Management & Dog Trainer informed of status of kennel animals.
- Communicates with owners regarding the care and wellbeing of kennel animals.
- Assists with interior and exterior maintenance of kennels to include owners lounge, vet room, supply room, grounds, etc. is clean and in good condition.
- Assists with inventory; provides supply list.
- Provides exceptional customer service to Owners, Guests and Internal and External partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Capable of working extended hours, to include weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Able to see well enough to read faint or partially obscured writing or printing, with corrective lenses if needed.
- Must be able to speak English in a clear and understandable voice so that various types of communications may be conducted with people of various levels of education and capabilities.
- Position involves climbing, sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, shoving, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 75 lbs. This movement can occur throughout the day.
- Must be able to drive a car, and possess a valid driver's license; must be able to transport oneself around the plantation.
- Working environment is both indoors and outdoors. Required to perform job in all types of weather conditions. Work day will be divided in varying percentages from well-lighted, temperature controlled work area to exposure of all types of weather elements.
- Must be able to work on more than one assignment at a time with interruptions, changes and delays while meeting daily deadlines. Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently and cheerfully under such circumstances. For safety reasons, employee must remain alert to working conditions and aware of safety, health and environmental concerns.
Education: High school graduate or equivalency preferred. Veterinary Certification or Veterinary
Knowledge/Experience: Prior knowledge of dog kennel experience preferred. Grooming experienced preferred. Computer knowledge with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access desirable.
Skills: Highly effective interpersonal skills a plus.
Personality: Must be able to effectively interact with all types of individuals, be mentally alert,
and detail oriented, good reasoning, with excellent customer service skills.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job when circumstances change; e.g., emergencies, rush jobs, changes in personnel, workload, technological developments, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)