The Santa Cruz Community Health Centers (SCCHC) began as a women’s health collective in 1974 with the mission of providing high quality health services and advocating the feminist goals of social, political, and economic quality. Now, 40 years later, we serve that same mission as a nonprofit Federally Qualified Health Center operating two separate sites: the Santa Cruz Women’s Health Center in downtown Santa Cruz serving women and children; and our new East Cliff Family Health Center in Live Oak, serving everyone.
The SCCHC has a diverse patient population and an engaging and friendly work environment. Our caring and committed staff works as a team to fulfill our mission so that all of our patients have access to comprehensive, quality health care.
We are situated on the Monterey Bay, close to Silicon Valley and an hour’s drive from the San Francisco Bay Area. Santa Cruz is not only a place, it’s a lifestyle. With our strong surf culture, enticing State Parks and Beaches, conscientious living and a Mediterranean climate, Santa Cruz offers endless opportunities for you and your family.
Santa Cruz County residents enjoy an abundance of outdoor activities, arts and culture, and diverse educational opportunities. Fertile Central Coast farmland offers fresh, local, organic produce through farmers markets nearly every day of the week. The community attracts and hosts an eclectic array of cultural happenings. Creativity and individuality thrive here. Stimulating educational opportunities are available at the University of California Santa Cruz, Cabrillo College and top-rated public schools.
We are seeking for Physicians (Spanish bi-lingual) who specializes in Family Medicine and/or Women’s Health to join our growing team. SCCHC Providers delivers quality comprehensive services, including preventive health, chronic care, pediatric care, reproductive health and urgent care services. Providers work with a Care Team in a patient centered medical home structure.
What We Offer
- Progressive, collaborative, patient-focused work environment
- No on-call or hospital duties
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- A team dedicated to providing high quality Family Health, Pediatric and Integrated Behavioral Health services
- Flexible work schedule
- Clinical support team in Patient-Centered Medical Home model, including Nursing support and Integrated Behavioral Health
- Focus on quality improvement, practice innovation and data-driven primary care
- Supportive, collaborative staff
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Job Expertise
- Commitment to preventive care and empowering patients to make informed health care decisions
- Awareness of health as means to support communities and advance equality and empower patients
- Perform all clinical and administrative duties expected of a medical provider at SCCHC.
- Demonstrates knowledge of applicable clinical principles and practices
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of clinic policies and procedures as well as applicable federal and state rules and regulations
- Applies technical and procedural skills efficiently and effectively
- Successfully gathers and uses information, procedures, materials, equipment and techniques required for position
- Demonstrates ability to effectively use Electronic Health Records system (EHR)
- Provides patient-centered customer service at all times
- Demonstrates the ability to anticipate patients' needs and deliver services and respond to patients in a timely, accurate, courteous, respectful and friendly manner
- Demonstrates ownership, initiative, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Approaches problem-solving by focusing on patients first
- Advocates for care that best serves the patient
- Addresses customer complaints/problems in a timely manner
- Oral and written communication is clear, concise, accurate, positive and respectful
- Demonstrates comprehension of oral and written questions, instructions, and information rapidly, thoroughly, and accurately
- Response to oral and written questions, instructions, and information is timely and appropriate
- Written communication is well-organized, legible, concise, neat, and in proper grammatical form
- Checks work related email and mailbox on a daily basis
Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills
- Dealings with others are characterized by fairness, courtesy, diplomacy, honesty, firmness, empathy and confidence
- Effective in offering support and assistance to others, in obtaining information from others, and in supplying information to others
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, flexibility and ability to develop effective relationships by helping others accomplish tasks and using collaboration and conflict resolution skills
Judgement & Problem Solving
- Uses critical thinking and common sense to analyze situations, make timely and valid decisions, and take appropriate actions
- Demonstrates good judgment in making decisions
- Resolves issues independently and only seeks assistance as needed
- Completes assigned duties and responsibilities in an accurate, timely and efficient manner
- Arrives to work on time and maintains consistent attendance
- Follows instructions and appropriate procedures
- Maintains patient confidentiality as required by HIPAA
- Board Certified Family Practice Physician, MD or DO, licensed and in good standing in the State of California
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Ability to work some evenings and Saturday
- Knowledge of standard healthcare practice policies and procedures.
- Experience working on computers and knowledge of Microsoft Office software products.
- Ability to work with practice management and EHR software.
- Knowledge of health insurance plans.
- Knowledge of healthcare terminology, procedures, and practice.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and to use good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with co-workers
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimum supervision; to maintain quality control standards; to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Variations in conditions may occur under certain circumstances. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to grasp, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Competitive compensation and benefits package, including a personalized financial support package which may include: relocation, housing assistance, and/or student loan support. As an approved NHSC site, providers may be eligible for a Federal Loan Repayment Program.
Paid time off and paid holidays accrue from date of hire. Paid Medical license, DEA, CME (fees and days off). Employer subsidized group health, dental, vision and life insurance plans after 30 days of employment with a satisfactory review. Employer sponsored 2% retirement match.
To learn more about us, and for additional information, please go to www.schealthcenters.org.
To apply, complete employment application on the Careers page at www.schealthcenters.org/Careers. Submit application and current resume with letter of interest to human resources. No phone inquiries please.
THE SANTA CRUZ COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTERS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D/SO)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- California MD or DO (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
Overtime often available: