Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
As the Grant Writer, you will serve in our ministry by highlighting your love of writing and storytelling, passion for excellence, and project management expertise to generate funding that will advance the organizations mission.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Engage your storytelling skills and design thinking to write compelling and visually appealing grant proposals or online applications that give a voice to those we serve and present the crucial need for funding
- Immersion by volunteering with clients and shadowing service team members to stay informed
- Understand and promote our strategic priorities, initiatives, and achievements by communicating their alignment with funder priorities
- Communicate how challenges and barriers are successfully overcome by both clients and the organization
- Collaborate across departments to educate about grants and gain the knowledge and materials you need to write and submit proposals
- Weekly prospecting to identify new grant funding opportunities from prospective funding sources
- Use available resources to determine prospects alignment with Atlanta Mission goals and priorities
- Work with Director to create cultivation strategy for qualified prospects and determine best approach
- Arrange tours and meetings for qualified prospects and current donors
Manage Grant Pipeline
- Work with Director in developing annual strategy, initiatives, and pipeline to ensure that annual goals are met
- Manage active foundation and corporate accounts, opportunities, deliverables, and tasks in Salesforce using a Moves Management model
- Monitor deadlines for proposals and other deliverables, ensuring on-time delivery
- Optimize scheduling for completion of deliverables with rolling or no deadlines
- Maintain all donor and prospect files electronically
- Work with Salesforce/IT team to innovate and streamline processes for efficiency and impact
- Prepare and mail grant acknowledgment letters
- Create informative and visually engaging grant reports, using accurate data and appealing graphics to demonstrate impact and outcomes
- Assist with mailings and/or emails of Annual and Impact reports, event invitations, etc.
- Schedule and complete additional stewardship touches as needed
You will uphold the following Christ-Centered values:
- Humbly Serve: You strive to live, Love and Lead like Jesus
- Faithfully Steward: You honor and wisely use the time, talent and treasures that God has provided
- Courageously Innovate: You are driven towards excellence, you continuously learn, adapt and improve
- Joyfully Celebrate: You intentionally appreciate and recognize all that God is doing in and through all the stakeholders of Atlanta Mission.
- Strength in Unity: You embrace Gods desire for oneness and kingdom-focused unity.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Exceptional storytelling ability
- Able to write and edit materials accurately and consistently
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office environment (Outlook, Excel, Word, Sharepoint, OneDrive, Teams)
- Experience working in a donor database; Salesforce experience a plus
- Strong project management skills and the ability to organize, multitask, and prioritize a heavy workload
- Demonstrated drive and ability to take initiative, work independently, and effectively solve problems
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year