High School Diploma or GED and medical office experience
Fort HealthCare's Family Medicine Clinic in Lake Mills has a new opportunity for a full-time Surgery Scheduler. This position obtains insurance benefits, pre-certifications and authorizations for scheduled and non-scheduled services and scheduled colonoscopy surgeries. In addition, this position handles referral services for clinics in Lake Mills, Cambridge, Johnson Creek and Jefferson. Very little travel is involved. Duties include:
· Obtain patient's insurance information for surgical procedures and radiologic procedures as requested by insurance company. Completes necessary paperwork for the surgical coordinator, employer or government agency.
· Schedules and coordinates inpatient and outpatient procedures, external appointments and testing. Provides both patients and off site locations with all necessary paperwork, supplies and information related to scheduled procedure/appointment. Coordinates surgical procedure times and dates with Surgery and Out Patient Ambulatory Department.
· Notifies insurance company with all required patient and clinical information requested by the insurance company to complete authorization process.
· Provides patient clinical information, including past medical records to performing provider for review prior to procedure.
· Obtains prior authorization, prior notification and precertification for outpatient radiologic procedures and surgical procedures.
· Obtains patient's insurance benefits information with the insurance company or employer by telephone, fax or internet
· Schedules internal and external consult appointments
· Develops and maintains a tool to communicate follow up and/or approval back to the requesting clinic.
· Obtain from clinics additional clinical information as requested by the insurance companies and fax requested information to insurance company to complete authorization process.
Requirements are High School Diploma/GED, BLS certification upon hire. Experience with customer service in the medical field. Individuals with excellent computer skills, interpersonal and customer service skills are encouraged to apply.