Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy (FSHA), a Catholic, Dominican, independent, college preparatory school for young women, is seeking a full-time Payroll Specialist, reporting to the Controller and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This person will be responsible for payroll processing and compensation analysis, as well as account reconciliation, annual surveys and financial aid administration.
- PAYROLL PROCESSING & REPORTING – Collect and input payroll data. Review, analyze and check payroll reports for accuracy and make necessary adjustments. Create ad-hoc reports as necessary.
- BENEFIT RECONCILIATION – Reconcile health insurance invoices to payroll withholdings. Calculate retirement plan contributions in accordance with policy.
- EXPENSE VARIANCE ANALYSIS – Review compensation and benefit expense trends for reasonableness and document explanation for variances.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE – Service employees in area of pay, benefits, taxes, timesheet, online portal, etc., as they relate to their pay.
- AFFORDABLE CARE ACT REPORTING – Complete annual reporting requirements.
- ACCOUNT RECONCILIATIONS– Reconcile a wide range of accounts and prepare adjusting general ledger entries.
- AD HOC PROJECTS – Provide support for other analyses and reporting needs.
- SALES & USE TAX Payable – Review and record sales and used tax payable. Calculate and file annual sales & used tax return.
- ANNUAL SURVEYS – Gather, calculate and analyze data from various departments to complete each survey.
- FIXED ASSET ACCOUNTING – Annual capitalization of assets, calculation of depreciation and related journal entries.
- FINANCIAL AID ADMINISTRATION – Prepare applicant files for analysis and follow up on missing documents. Mail merge award letters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook functions
- Proven understanding of debit and credit accounting
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to apply technology solutions to improve operations
- Strong attention to detail, as well as strong organization, and communication skills
- Customer service oriented and ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships with employees, parents and other Academy constituencies
FSHA offers a rich, supportive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, and an opportunity to make a difference in this key position. If this sounds like the career move you are looking for, please send your cover letter and resume to humanresources@fsha. org. Please put the job title in the subject line. To find out more about our school community, visit our website at www.fsha.org.
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, females, disabled and qualified veterans to apply. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time