Reporting to the Director of Estimating. This position takes the lead on organization with the Estimating department. Primary responsibility is to streamline the estimating process and ensure that once an Estimator is assigned a project they have all the necessary documentation organized and readily available to begin work.
- Sort through the estimating email inbox and help populate the estimating schedule with invitations to bid, the corresponding information and distribute project updates and revisions.
- Download and assemble bid packages. Provide maintenance and updates. Ensure proper documentation has occurred and all relevant files are in the correct locations.
- Attend and engage in turnovers when the Estimating Director will not be present.
- Create Time & Material proposals for projects that do not require estimating team to engage in.
- Update new and revised bid totals via Smartsheet tracking system and utilize Microsoft Access to reference older information.
- Utilize excel to calculate basic to intermediate statistical information and track bid status from start to completion. Prepare bid stats for weekly estimating meeting.
- Develop and maintain vendor tracking, pricing and material lead time library.
- Understand finish schedules and support the assistant project managers with the submittal process.
- Develop an understanding of Bluebeam, the AWI Specs, MasterSpec, and LEED certification.
-Take initiative and improve the estimating team's efficiency and emphasize the importance of meeting due dates.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) and have a strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and understand various facets of the construction industry, including but not limited to: Estimating, Project Management, Operations and Sales.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a large team.
- Can work under pressure and has the aptitude to solve intricate problems.
- Ability to compute, analyze, interpret, and report on basic to intermediate statistical information.
- Knowledge of the Architectural Woodwork Institute, Bluebeam, MasterSpec and LEED certification a plus but not necessary.
- Experience with Smartsheet, Microsoft Office and Google Drive preferred.
Job Type: Full-time