The Legal & Compliance Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative and paralegal support. This position is responsible for coordinating complex, sensitive project work. The Legal & Compliance Coordinator may draft basic contracts and other legal documents and conduct basic paralegal, due diligence and compliance monitoring work under the supervision of an attorney and compliance officer. The Legal & Compliance Coordinator monitors the legal calendar, assists in preparing and filing annual reports and any other documents required to be filed with the secretary of state, organizes paperwork according to an efficient filing system and digitalizes important documents, protects and updates files, and ensures files are easily accessible to all colleagues. Under the guidance of the Compliance Officer, the Legal & Compliance Coordinator conducts Due Diligence and investigation support activities as needed. The Legal & Compliance Coordinator must be organized and possess a serious understanding of confidentiality and data protection.
- Performs basic paralegal work under the supervision of an attorney, including preparation of contracts, letters, filings and other legal documents.
- Verifies that anti-corruption/anti-bribery language is included in contracts and other legal documents as required.
- Maintains the paper and electronic filing systems by, without limitation, managing all databases and records, creating new electronic entries and paper files as needed, logging all files that are removed to ensure no files are lost, photocopying files, processing and scanning files to be entered into the electronic database and working with electronic storage media.
- Follows policies and confidentiality requirements to safeguard data and information.
- Monitors inventory of files, paper clips, pens, etc., and reports shortages.
- Monitors compliance with key controls and procedures ensuring alignment with the Company's Compliance framework.
- Uses scanners to convert forms, receipts and reports into electronic format.
- Performs basic review activities on the Company's vendors and counter-parties profiles to assess alignment with the Company's Compliance policies and procedures.
- Conducts basic investigation support activities as deemed necessary.
- Performs special projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree or technical school or appropriate relevant experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Good command of English and Spanish, both oral and written.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, contract generation, file share, cloud and intranet applications and excellent computer skills.
- Possess a superb attention to detail, excellent written communication, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and work well under pressure.
- Experience as a paralegal or equivalent role within a corporate environment or law practice preferred.
- Exposure to the activities inherent to a Compliance Department is preferred.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume.
- Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be available to work all shifts, including early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, late breaking news and hurricane emergencies.
- Must be willing to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice.
- Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paralegal: 1 year (Required)