Bartender Job Summary:
We are looking for an experienced Bartender who is familiar with a wide variety of drink recipes and is capable of delivering quality customer service. The Bartender will greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items, and prepare and serve beverages and food. You will also create recipes, utilize proper equipment and ingredients, and handle basic cleaning duties. To succeed as a Bartender, you should have a neat appearance and engaging, friendly personality. You should be efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable.
- Welcoming customers, reading and listening to people to determine beverage preferences, making recommendations, and taking drink orders.
- Deliver a consistently high level of customer service to each client and maintain a safe environment by identifying problem clients and having them removed
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Mix all drinks based on the serving sizes as outlined in the company manual to keep drink costs at a minimum
- Develop new cocktail recipes.
- Selecting and mixing ingredients, garnishing glasses, and serving beverages to customers.
- Taking inventory and ordering supplies to ensure bar and tables are well-stocked.
- Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer throughout the night and be able to account for any and all discrepancies in the final drawer tally
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
- Keep bar area clean in accordance with the company’s guidelines as well as the requirements of the local health department
- Close up bar at end of night with help from bar back.
- Develop an efficient work pace that keeps the customers at the bar and in the dining room satisfied at all times
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 2+ years experience working as a bartender
- Certification as a mixologist from a reputable bartending school preferred.
- Additional education, training, certificates, or experience may be required.
- Meets state minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Positive, engaging personality and professional appearance.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Eye for detail and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc for extended periods, and lift up to 25 lbs.
Compensation is $7.82 per hour, plus tips
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $7.82 /hour
- Bartender: 2 years (Preferred)