The Program Manager for the Information Services Project Management Office provides project prioritization, project financial reporting, and resource planning directly and through a staff of project managers. The Program Manager must balance creativity, attention to detail, and meeting timeline and budget expectations for a portfolio of projects. Responsibilities include leading, directing and developing associates to solve business problems using current business systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Creates the systems and methods used to drive continuous improvement within Portfolio, Project, Resource and Planning functions.
• Partner with vice presidents, directors and managers to develop department objectives that support overall business strategies.
• Leads staff and cross functional teams to achieve the stated project deliverables and objectives on time and within budget.
• Directs resources toward the application of standard and advanced approaches and technologies to significantly improve processes and / or systems.
• Recruit, motivate, and develop a professional, high performing staff. Emphasize the equal importance of business results and Emotional Intelligence competency development.
• Ensure department wide familiarity and adherence to Information Services and IS PMO policies and procedures.
• Leads through expertise for continuous improvement, problem solving, systems thinking and project management.
• Remain current on market trends, economics, best practices, and the needs of the business.
• Collaborates with colleagues/customers and leverages customer knowledge to co-develop solutions that provide high value.
• College or university BS/BA degree in Business, Engineering or equivalent.
• 4+ years of leading large corporate projects.
• Thorough understanding and application of project and portfolio management principles including PMBOK, Agile, and SAP project approaches. Demonstrated advanced implementation of problem solving techniques.
• Active PMP Certification
• Expert knowledge and insight of the theories, methodologies, practices, and procedures related to project and risk management
• Fully capable of understanding and analyzing data trends
• Demonstrated ability to drive, lead, and influence complex projects.
• Advanced problem solving and decision making ability
• Excellent communication, leadership, and influence skills in daily practices.
• Demonstrates broad general business acumen.
• Formal training / certification in project management, six sigma, and lean concepts.
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Physical requirements associated with normal office working environment.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment.
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.