The general manager (GM) for Carthage Veterinary Service, Ltd. directs and coordinates activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability objectives. The GM leads a diverse group of department managers across all CVS business areas. The GM reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals. Confers with owners and other senior leaders to review achievements, opportunities and drive the business forward. The GM reports to the president of the company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies, directing and coordinating all department activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
- Lead and manage seven CVS departments, Carthage Innovative Swine Solutions, Carthage Veterinary Clinic, and Hancock Veterinary Clinic.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Confers with the senior leadership team and other senior leaders to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements business strategic planning, including sales and financial performance.
- Oversees implementation of key projects.
- Oversees strategic planning and resource allocation
- Lead implementation of process improvements to streamline operational processes.
- Ensures quality control of all company output as pertains to customer acquisition and delivery of service
- Monitors, measures and reports on operational issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales
- Assist with evaluation and implementation of new business opportunities
- Coordinate quarterly business review meetings with CVS ownership team
- Attend other senior management meetings as assigned by the president
- Performs other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Must possess a strong business acumen, demonstrated strategic & forward thinking planning, be adept at project management and problem solving.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Agriculture or Animal Science or above, Master’s degree preferred AND
2. 5 to 10 year’s related experience or training OR
3. Any similar combination of education and experience
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to build, lead, manage and motivate teams
- Passion, or the willingness to become immersed in work
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- The ability to set priorities
- Strong communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
- organizational management: 10 years (Required)