A strong Scientific and technological pioneering spirit drives bioMérieux development since its creation in 1963. We design innovative in vitro diagnostic solutions for our customers that initiate new forms of scientific partnerships to be at the forefront of the most advanced technologies. Our presence in more than 150 countries with 9,400 employees worldwide secures bioMérieux commitment to public health.
bioMérieux products are used to diagnose infectious diseases, they provide high medical value results for cancer screening and monitoring, cardiovascular emergencies and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. Products also include industrial microbiological controls to detect microorganisms in food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic products.
We are committed to creating an optimal work environment that fosters teamwork, emphasizes training and offers international career development opportunities.
The Business Development Manager, Rapid Microbiology will establish and execute field sales strategies that support the revenue targets and growth objectives, marketing initiatives, and strategic plans of the company. This is accomplished by leading the Healthcare, Industrial Microbiology market segment and designated strategicbioMerieux product lines within this segment to meet or exceed division revenue targets.
The job directly affects the short and long term sales and strategic objectives of the company as it pertains to growing bioMérieux business interests in the U.S. Healthcare Industrial Microbiology market. These objectives would include sales, support, positioning, messaging and driving leadership with Healthcare Account Managers to accelerate sales and knowledge within the Healthcare Industrial Microbiology market segment.
Routine internal contacts with Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, Customer Support, Field Service, as well as the management staff of the sales & marketing department for industry is required in developing and delivering these compelling ‘value propositions for change' to the customer.
- Focus on Rapid Micro/ID market space including the Sterile, Non-Sterile, Compounding Pharmacies, Contact Labs, and Cellular Therapy Produce market segments by observing current trends and regulatory changes to offer needed solutions within the bioMerieux portfolio (Vitek MS, BTA and Chemunex)
- Commercially lead and/or assist in leadership of bioMerieux Industry presence at Tradeshows and Symposiums
- Field travel/joint sales/field coaching mentoring & feedback for Healthcare Account Managers to expand knowledge and insights in the Healthcare Industrial Microbiology sector in particular
- Work with Sales & Marketing management in developing new or improved sales/support tools while directing field activities that support marketing campaigns for the segment and/or key product lines for the segment (Vitek MS, BTA and Chemunex…).
- For the US Healthcare Industrial Microbiology segment, understand market trends, key investment drivers, customer challenges, and customer journey. Identify the key competitors, players, and their supply chains
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements, tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments
- Attend local and national segment organization groups (per management approval) to stay abreast of market needs and serve as technical support for microbiology needs
- Adopt a team approach , work with team in pursuing common goals
- Develop a methodology of cross training program of bioMerieux's transferable skills with expertise in sales, offer management, offer marketing, channel development, and operations.
- Lead the group through regular communications and programs to inform the internal community about market opportunities updates and marketing actions
- Support and encourage team support to create a unified message/response with FSE, FAS, AM, BDM, CAM and Management to customers
- Coach AM and support sales manager with daily operations to ensure compliance to established processes and procedures
· BS/BA in a science/business related field and/or equivalent experience with bMx. · An MBA is preferred, not required. · Minimum 3-years business-to-business and/or Account Manager sales experience or management, with a proven track record of results. · Computer usage, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes).· Should have very good organization, people, and communication skills. Work efficiently and effectively, lead by example. · Have excellent sales skills and a history of proven sales success. · Good business knowledge with good sales analysis and numbers skills. · Ability to multitask and manage multiple strategic accounts located throughout the US.
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong ability to implement change without authority or direction.· Understanding of the sales process, contact management s/w (CRM). Understand and implement ethical contract practices.· Revenue generation with eye on profitability, market specialist and strategic planner.· Problem solving and teamwork abilities; ability to work within or lead a team.· Excellent integrator and negotiator, results oriented.· Ability to work with & influence people without formal authority.· Excellent presentation, negotiation and closing sales skills to all levels of decision makers.· Excellent communicator of "value proposition" to targeted departments within national accounts.· Willingness to work on continued improvement of the above skills is also required for long-term success.· Excellent analytical skills and ability to develop financial proposals.Preferred knowledge and skills: · A thorough knowledge of the product lines, industry, customers and bMx business. · Working knowledge of Industrial Microbiology.· Knowledge of all bioMerieux products they are responsible for (hardware, software, test kits, etc.)· Knowledge of the quality systems methodologies.· Knowledge of all respective bioMerieux Industry competitors.