MATRIC is a strategic innovation partner providing deep, uncommon expertise and infrastructure to solve the most challenging problems of science and technology. With expertise in chemical, energy, environmental and advanced software technologies, MATRIC enables its partners to move ideas from conception to market with speed and efficiency.
The Executive Assistant provides comprehensive executive support in a one-on-one working relationship with MATRIC's President & CEO to effectively facilitate his or her ability to lead MATRIC. Additionally, this position provides high-level administrative support to the other executive leadership positions and General Counsel of MATRIC. This position facilitates the ability of the entire executive team to efficiently lead MATRIC.
Essential Job Functions
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; arranging complex and detailed travel plans (domestic and international), itineraries and agendas; compiling documents for meetings; completing expense reports; consuming, composing and preparing correspondence that is oftentimes highly confidential.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the President & CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Acts as the gatekeeper for direct access to the President & CEO's time and office. Greets visitors and determines whether or not they should be given access to specific individuals.
- Works closely and effectively with the President & CEO to anticipate needs and keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Successfully coordinates and completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach including internal and external communications; drafting acknowledgement letters; personal correspondence; presentations; and other tasks. Tracks all action items and follows-up.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for constituencies on all matters pertaining to the President & CEO. Organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts by communicating directly, and on behalf of, the President & CEO. These external constituencies include, but are not limited to, MATRIC, MAH, and MATE Boards of Directors; federal, state and local government officials; business and community leaders; customers and potential partners; and multi-national and multi-cultural groups
- Serves as the administrative liaison to the Boards of Directors of MATRIC, MAH, and MATE. Responsible for the coordination of all aspects of Board meetings including notifications and reminders; meeting logistics; technology requirements; materials preparation; and travel arrangements and reimbursements.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows-up on incoming issues, concerns, phone calls, and correspondence (electronic and written) addressed to the executive leadership and/or General Counsel including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Primary point of contact for the main MATRIC phone line. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response pertaining to those calls.
- Performs special projects and provides general administrative support to the other executive leadership positions and General Counsel including but not limited to making travel arrangements; registering for professional memberships; preparing reports, memos, letters, presentations, purchase orders, expense reports and other documents.
- Utilizes collaborative software programs to support the communication and scheduling efforts of the executive leadership team.
- Assists technical and managerial staff with coordinating and planning all aspects of customer visits
- Coordinates logistics for conferences, industry events, and trade shows; includes arranging for registration, sponsorships, and booth space; and managing inventory, packing and shipment of exhibition and promotional material. Responsible for post-event follow-up.
- Planning and preparing for all aspects of regularly scheduled meetings and special events such as the monthly Management Leadership Team meeting; quarterly Town Hall Meeting; group lunch and learn events; holiday celebrations, etc. This includes meeting notifications, securing facilities and arranging connections for video conferencing; arranging for food and refreshments; finalizing the agenda; and preparing and distributing/uploading all meeting materials.
- Has full comprehension of MATRIC's operations and procedures.
- Supports special projects and participates on cross-functional teams.
- Normal work hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, however, the executive assistant must be available to work irregular hours to respond to work assignments and deadlines from the executive staff. Occasional overtime may be required.
Other Job Functions
- May be responsible for training other administrative staff.
- May cross train to serve as backup to other administrative staff.
- May occasionally provide administrative support to other MATRIC team members.
- May interact with vendors of products and services
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate's degree in related field, preferred.
- Additional specialized training and/or certification in related field, preferred.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Exercises professionalism, integrity, good judgement and tact in a variety of situations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a wide variety of audiences.
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to also work independently.
- Capable of managing projects from conception to completion.
- Demonstrates proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Adept at working under pressure to manage and balance various competing demands and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Exhibits the highest level of customer service and responsiveness.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- 5 years' experience providing administrative support to executive level positions.
- 10 years' experience providing administrative support to executive level positions, preferred.
- Experience with Adobe software products, preferred.
- Experience with collaborative software products, preferred.
South Charleston, WV
Position Posting Closing Date
July 15, 2018
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.