GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Summary of Position:
The primary function of a Capitol Building Supply, Inc. dba Tanner Bolt & Nut, Inc. Warehouse Shipping Clerk verifies and keeps records on outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing various duties to quality and productivity standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the shipment of goods and supplies to be used for sale to Tanner’s customer base
- Schedule pick-ups by carrier specified on customer’s purchase order
- Maintain adequate supply of shipping materials at all times
- Prepare warehouse orders for shipping to ensure timely and accurate delivery
- Refer discrepancies to supervisor and make recommendations as to appropriate action
- Routes orders according to procedure
- Load Trucks after routes are created
- Maintain the work area and equipment in clean and orderly condition, and follow prescribed safety regulations
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, route and rates
- Assist as needed and as requested with Receiving and Production duties (cross training will be provided)
- High school diploma or GED and one year of Warehouse experience
- Ability to read English, add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions, both oral and written
- Must be able to operate a forklift, Order Picker and Bendi
- Basic computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- The employee is sometimes required to sit and climb or balance
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally move more than seventy-five pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to manage stress depending on tasks
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive information
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
Estimated Compensation Range: $18.00-$24.00/hr
** This pay range is a reasonable estimate made in good faith of the possible compensation at the time of the posting of this position. However, the Company may ultimately pay more or less than this range.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid holidays & vacation days
**This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER