SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 222nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 50th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do,* Quality* in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.*
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
- 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Voluntary Benefits
- Health Care Advocate
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Referral Program
Please complete the employment application for consideration of employment with The Middlesex Corporation.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected status.
The Pipe Foreman will be responsible for the field planning and production of all types of pipe installation and related construction work as directed by the Superintendent.
Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value – Safety, first in everything we do.
- Organize and plan the work with the Superintendent.
- Direct oversight responsibility of time sheets for labor and equipment, as well as daily reports complete with quantities worked.
- Review, maintain, and monitor pipe crew’s productivity and goals daily.
- Enforce quality control and Company safety policies on all aspects of the work.
- Follows the project construction process to ensure that work is completed on time.
- Conduct daily huddles, stretching exercises, and weekly Tool Box Talk with crew.
- Provide job hazard analysis prior to new work activities.
- Develop material handling plan with Superintendent.
- Must have knowledge of setting/calculating grades, capable of using pipe lasers.
- Need to have the knowledge to dig with trench boxes and other earth support systems in a safe manner.
- A valid driving license.
- OSHA 10 certified.
- Subpart P certified.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a foreman supervising and installing drainage, water and sewer lines.
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- Strong commitment to success of all.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrate the upmost professionalism in how you represent yourself.
- Show quality in everything you do.
- Lead with integrity while producing high quality work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”