Full Time employees are eligible for below benefits (subjected to different waiting periods)
Employer paid life insurance
Employer paid long term disability insurance
401K retirement plan with employer match
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Timely completion of psychosocial assessments upon admission and progress notes which are updated on a quarterly basis.
- Facilitates organization of interdisciplinary family conferences.
- Coordinates home healthcare services
- Secures appropriate living arrangements based on determined level of care needed.
- Determines advance directive status upon admission and review on a yearly basis.
- Assists residents/families in completing advance directives when indicated.
- Provides ongoing documentation as mandated under federal/state guidelines
- Participates in resident care management.
- Participates in individual or group counseling to facilitate coping with issues related to placement.
- Informs resident and family members of the facility grievance protocol and procedures for resolution.
- Coordinates of room changes in conjunction with eh Director of Admissions, Director of Nursing and the Administrator.
- Secures consent for release of medical information pertinent to resident evaluation and care when necessary.
- Maintains a comprehensive community resource file to meet specific residents' needs.
- Assists the Director of Social Services as needed.
- Makes independent decisions pertaining to assisting the social services department without supervision from immediate supervisor
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions and memos. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, as well as appropriately document assessments. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization Successful completion of State Approved Nurse Assistant Training and Competency Evaluation Program; Name must appear on State Registry as Geriatric Nurse Assistant in good standing.
Education and/or Experience:
Experience working in a skilled nursing, sub-acute or complex healthcare setting.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.