Telemundo Arizona is looking for a Director of Creative Services/ Marketing to take a leading role in creating, planning and executing local marketing/branding/promotional/sales initiatives. The ideal candidate will directly work with and report to the President/GM of the Telemundo Arizona stations and have a “dotted” line to the EVP of Marketing for NBC local stations.
- Create, produce, edit and execute exceptional marketing/branding/promotional campaigns that will serve as the foundation in the overall image of the station.
- Develop a communication and operational systematic workflow within the station.
- Locally produce, communicate and oversee marketing plans and initiatives.
- Strategize and coordinate local station campaigns, supporting the Station, Station Group, Network initiatives, local events and specials.
- Serve as the communication liaison between all departments within the station, Network and the Station group in regards to all aspects of local marketing initiatives.
- Create, produce and execute, result driven, promotional tactics and campaigns specifically tailored to grow audience share. These tactics include publicity stunts, contests, sweepstakes, grassroots campaigns, internal synergies, product placement and pure promotional "one off" partnerships.
- Create, produce, execute and attend local marketing events.
- Assist local national/local sales team teams to develop and strengthen sponsorship opportunities (NTR) and strategic sales initiatives.
- Work closely with GM, research director and sales managers to facilitate relevant market information to create exceptional marketing strategies that are in-line with station initiatives.
- Develop and distribute key creative collateral and material for “out-of-home” branding and marketing campaigns.
- Work with Finance teams to steward budgets for individual marketing initiatives. (Media buys, trades, campaigns, premiums, etc.)
- Establish, manage and grow relationships/partnerships with local vendors to maximize ROI with concerning paid/barter with other media streams.
- The Director of Creative Services must be able to present marketing plans, ideas, suggestions and key marketing initiatives internally and externally to other business leaders, Network and Sr. Leadership.
- Overlook the Production Department comprised of 3 employees.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong understanding of consumer marketing.
- Working knowledge of media buying and strategies.
- Strong understanding of US Hispanic and/or Multicultural/Ethnic consumers.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Photoshop.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in the Phoenix, AZ area.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends, flexible schedule.
- Must be hands on.
- Must be willing to travel frequently between Phoenix and Tucson in addition to other places as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Marketing roles.
- Proficient in Spanish.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Shows leadership qualities in executing a project to fruition.
- Strong time/project management skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and prioritize in order to meet deadlines and budgets.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a collaborative.
Sub-BusinessNBCUOTS - TLM SW Region
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
About Telemundo Station Group:
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 30 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Fresno, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.