As a senior analyst on our strategic intelligence team you'll use your curiosity to identify market trends and opportunities for Mayo Clinic. You'll partner with business units and strategy teams to provide information and insights that guide strategy and business decisions. You'll provide insights beyond the obvious and will become a master at answering questions with data and information. You'll provide consultative services to departments, committees and other Mayo entities for the purposes of strategic and operational planning, service or product line development, management and financial analysis, and continuous improvement of clinical or administrative operations. Strategic intelligence analysts lead multidisciplinary teams evaluating strategic, operational and financial aspects of the mission. You'll perform primary and secondary market analysis, work with leadership to provide unbiased and accurate information, analysis, consultation and recommendations to support strategic and operational initiatives for Mayo Clinic. You'll facilitate the identification of innovative solutions and present the findings in a variety of settings. You may be involved in highly sensitive merger, acquisition or affiliation discussions. You'll need to be current on an array of activities that may include analysis techniques, planning processes, information management tools and methodologies and advise on the proper use at Mayo Clinic. Designs, develops and recommends new approaches, methodologies and tools for data driven decision making and planning. Functions independently and initiates judgment in handling delegated responsibilities. Will typically be assigned to larger ($5 M or more) and more complex projects. Provides training and mentorship to Planning Analysts. Above all you'll do it with the highest ethical standards in an environment that promotes and expects teamwork.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, healthcare administration, nursing (with RN licensure) or related field with 10 years of related experience; or Master's degree in business administration, healthcare administration, nursing (with RN licensure) or related field and a minimum of 6 years of related experience.
- Experience must include several of the following areas of expertise:
- Group facilitation
- Project management
- Process change
- Strategic and operational planning
- Financial or operational or clinical practice analysis
- New service/product planning and development
- Compilation of market research
- Data management, analysis and statistics
- Master's Degree in business administration, healthcare administration or related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated application of several problem-solving methodologies, planning techniques, continuous improvement methods, project management methods, and analytical tools and methodologies (e.g., statistical packages, modeling, etc) required.
- Incumbent must have ability to independently manage a varied workload of projects with multiple priorities and stay current on healthcare trends and enterprise changes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include presentation, negotiation, persuasion, team facilitation and written communications skills are required.
- Exceptional time management and leadership skills are required.
- Incumbent must have ability to independently manage a varied workload of projects with multiple priorities.
- In addition, requires strong analytical skills, consulting skills, ability to identify and recommend solutions, advanced computer application skills and a commitment to customer service.
- Must have demonstrated ability to lead large, complex multi-disciplinary projects effectively.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $3589.60, based on a full-time position.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).