Manager Marketing Analytics
, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Come check us out. What big idea will you help us launch?
Pearson is constantly looking to add to our AMAZING team! Our Learning Services team is seeking a digital marketing analytics leader to lead and grow the analytics function within the Marketing team. The Manager of Marketing Analytics
will act as a key strategic and tactical driver of all marketing analytic efforts.
In this role, you will drive all metric planning, analysis, reporting, and optimization efforts across the marketing team. These efforts will be central to improving overall team performance and maximizing the team’s impact against key objectives such as increasing brand awareness, customer engagement, lead generation and acceleration, and revenue. You will also act as the key enabler of all analytics in that you will collaborate with technology to drive analytic platform decisions and setup and administer analytic software installations.
This opportunity is located at our Hoboken, NJ , Boston, MA, or Glenview, IL office site.
Here is what you will get to do:
- Data Analysis, Reporting, & Communication Of Optimization Recommendations
Reporting & Optimization:
- Perform in-depth analysis to determine the effectiveness of all marketing campaigns
- Conduct analysis of digital communications contact frequency across customer segments in order to optimize the digital marketing team’s overall contact management strategy
- Conduct segmentation and pipeline analysis to identify campaign opportunities for targeting customer segments or specific accounts that have a high probability of increasing ROI
- E-Commerce: Conduct analysis to determine the effectiveness of campaigns and the e-commerce component of the website in driving online purchases; Monitor purchasing trends across product lines
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting plans that deliver performance data and insight into the overall team’s performance, all campaign performance, and each digital marketing channel’s performance
- Communicate recommended optimization tactics for improving results across all of marketing
- Drive the development of data visualization in order to communicate results clearly and efficiently Create digital marketing performance “dashboards” that can be leveraged by team members and key stakeholders
- Act as the key analytics evangelist and act as analytics trainer for decentralizing the analytics effort within deeper levels of the organization
Manage & Optimize web presence for search engines (SEO)
- Monitor search engine algorithm changes and the effectiveness of organic keyword strategies and paid search advertising / ad retargeting
- Strategize and execute website keyword strategies and website domain strategy
- Work with the web marketing team to optimize website metadata
- Leverage SEO analytic tools to analyze, report, and optimize results from search engines
Metric planning & strategy:
- Develop metric plans for measuring the impact of the marketing team’s performance against goals and objectives
- Create and execute metric plans for each functional area within marketing including, but not limited to Creative Services, campaign marketing, events and digital marketing (Email marketing, website marketing, SEO, social media, and paid digital advertising)
- Work with the marketing functional leads along with key marketing and sales stakeholders to identify key performance indicators (KPIs), reporting plans, and timelines for communicating results
Drive Analytic Software & Setup Decisions
- Develop analytic application / tool requirements in order to meet marketing’s analytic needs; communicate requirements to the technology team
- Collaborate with the technology and web marketing teams to drive the analysis and decisions regarding the investment, setup, management, and usage of analytic platforms to be adopted by the marketing team
- Collaborate with the technology team on the development of the analytic tools roadmap
- Oversee and manage the Senior Analyst in the development and execution of analysis plans
- Management of Vendor relationships, contracts and invoices
- Responsible for growing the analytics function and staffing and training team
- Creation and maintenance of analytic roadmap and analytics budget
- Work collaboratively with members of the eCRM, Social Media, Web Marketing, Campaign Marketing, Technology and Creative Services to execute analytic objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing, statistics, mathematics or other relevant degree
- 3 years of management experience
- 7 years of related digital marketing analytics experience
- Extensive experience with Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics, Salesforce.com reporting tools, and data visualization applications, and marketing automation platforms
- Experience with Google Tag Manager
- Extensive experience with large web analytic installations and analyzing large data sets
- Extensive experience analyzing the results of large e-commerce operations
- Experience analyzing customer data for both B2B and B2C business models
- 5 years of relevant digital communications experience. Experience with web content messaging, SEO/SEM, email marketing, web/campaign analytics, social media messaging
- Strong analytic skills; Background in advanced statistics, data modeling, and predictive analytics
- Knowledge of statistical modeling techniques, predictive analytics, audience segmentation, lifetime value, and ROI, a plus
- Strategic thinker with the ability to translate objectives into strategies and strategies into solutions
- Effective problem solving and decision making abilities
- Ability to drive consistently high-quality work under tight timeframes
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
fuels the growing demand for effective education and high-quality information in the global knowledge economy, and share a common goal: to help people get on in their lives through education. For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.