At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems - Special Test Equipment Engineering (STEE) team is seeking a Staff Engineer for an expanded role in our Ground Hardware Product Development area at our Space Park campus in Redondo Beach, CA.
The qualified applicant will provide technical direction for various projects in the area and will interact with the in-house STEE team that NG ground hardware products. The STEE team focuses on incorporation of cyber security requirements into custom and COTS hardware (servers, networking, etc.) that are deployed worldwide. All products must meet customer requirements and ensures compliance with NIST 800-53 Risk Management Framework.
The STEE Staff Engineer will advise program on designing, implementing and maintaining secure solutions, including developing lab physical infrastructure and also VMware and Cloud technology and also champion test and infrastructure automation. The candidate should also have extensive experience with networking technology and COTS products. They will be expected to work with system engineering, software and hardware engineering to help architect responses to cyber security and lead in developing solutions for higher level system requirements.
Position requires good written and verbal communication skills. Customer interaction and presentations will be required.
14 Years of experience with Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD.
Previous experience with System Engineering Life Cycle and/or Software Engineering Life Cycle
Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
- Dept of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years
- OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- OR Dept of Energy Q clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Demonstrated team management skills
- DOD 8570 baseline certification for a IAT Level II (Security + or CISSP)
- Technical knowledge of VMware and OS server level hardening
- Knowledge of the System Engineering Life Cycle and Software Engineering Life Cycle
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with team mates, managers and customers on complex and difficult engineering and software issues.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.