This position is a great opportunity for a self-starter with a strong background in corporate accounting. We are one of the leading companies to offer services that support the creation of all types of entertainment and advertising productions. The pace is fast, but that keeps things interesting. The right candidate must have discretion when handling private information, possess good judgement, excellent interpersonal skills and a proactive approach to tasks and responsibilities. Payroll experience is a plus., and strong professional ethics are required.
Duties & Tasks
- Daily cash flow statement
- Responsible for daily bank activities (positive pay uploads/downloads)
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintain fixed assets and monthly depreciation schedule
- Maintain and reconcile other balance sheet accounts including prepaid expenses and accrued liabilities.
- Responsible for month-end journal entries and month-end accruals as needed
- Petty cash reconciliation
- Assistance in the preparation of financial and audit schedules
- Preparation of periodic accounting reports and schedules as needed
- Assist in workers comp audit and multi states workers comp filings
- Perform special projects and prepare ad hoc operational and financial analyses as required by management
- Back up to other accounting personne
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Organized and proficient in standard office equipment
- Strong verbal and written skills along with good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills required
- Flexibility and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willingness to work overtime including weekends and holidays
Credentials, Experience & Education
- College Graduate in Accounting or Business.
- At least 5 years work experience as an Accountant required.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Knowledge of JDEdwards a plus.
- Ability and willingness to learn new and/or proprietary system applications as needed.