Barilla is one of the leading Italian food groups, a leader in the markets for pasta worldwide, for ready-made sauces in Europe, for bakery products in Italy and for crispbreads in Scandinavia. For almost 140 years the Company has been run by a family that now has reached its fourth generation. Barilla America, Inc., the U.S.-based division of The Barilla Group , Italy’s largest food producer, was launched in 1996. Just three years later, Barilla became the No. 1 brand of pasta in the United States. To achieve this milestone in such a short time is a testament to Barilla’s history of 140 years of excellence in food production, brand-building, product quality, and global consistency.
At Barilla, food production is guided by three essential principles: product quality, commitment to nutritionally balanced eating, and, of course, flavor, the unmistakable hallmark of the Barilla brand name. To maintain these standards, the Group engages in extensive research and development that helps us produce the best products, while always considering the concerns and needs of our customers. The Group also operates with respect for the environment and consumer health and serves as a helpful, caring partner in the communities in which we operate. Come learn from some of the best! Work alongside talented professionals to contribute to a challenging, exciting and rewarding projects. Our 2020 Summer Internship Program provides real-world experience and an opportunity to build expertise and problem-solving capabilities.
We offer a unique perspective into the world of food manufacturing with a maximum 12-week paid internship in our Supply Chain Management group in Northbrook, IL. As a key player on the team, the Supply Chain Intern will be exposed to several core competencies within the Network Design & Planning Systems job function.
Key responsibilities include:
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Manage Production Planning for one production facility or one sub-portfolio of items (non-repackaging or non-repackaging). Review forecast, schedule production, and ensure QA release. Problem-solve and provide solutions to possible inventory shortages or capacity constraints.
- Manage materials requirements planning for packaging materials for two repack production facilities. Implement a process and IT solution for issuing and receipt of orders as well as inventory accuracy.
- Initiate and Implement 1-2 projects for Continuous Improvement of Planning & Distribution processes related to either reporting, network sourcing, out of stock detection, etc.
- Run weekly reports for order fill rate, forecast accuracy, inventory levels, and supply coverage.
- Attend weekly team meetings, weekly Sales and Operations Meetings, and New Item/Project review meetings.
Completed Junior year of college with a concentration in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, and/or related Business discipline.
High analytical and problem-solving skills
Mastery of Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookup, Charts, etc.)
Strong communication skills being able to translate technical operational concepts into ordinary business terms and ideas
Excitement and eagerness to understand the full Supply Chain and Value-Stream of a Business
Candidates who meet these qualifications are encouraged to apply! Applicants can expect to hear back from us by December 2019. Thank you in advance for considering Barilla America as a potential employer.
Want to find out what's it’s like to be a Barilla Intern? Check out this awesome video created by our 2019 interns: https://www.facebook.com/BarillaCareers/videos/2114254618700961/
Want more? Check out more amazing videos created by our interns on: