GS2 is seeking seasonal candidates for the role of Temporary Student Loan Processor through October 31, 2018. The selected candidate(s) would be responsible for the timely collection of documentation and loan application related artifacts under the Ascent Funding Program, while maintaining conformance with established program guidelines and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. The selected candidate will perform any functions within scope of authority and expertise to provide excellent service and responsiveness to customers, clients, vendors and co-workers. This position requires extensive telephone talk-time in a call center environment and may include at least one regularly scheduled weekend shift. GS2 is a growing company so it's a very exciting time to join the team!
- Retrieve positive income and identification verification documents from student applicants and cosigners.
- Collect program enrollment & major information from students and/or schools to verify eligibility under certain loan programs.
- Obtain information on concurrent and existing student debt obligations of student applicants under certain loan programs.
- Review documents for completeness and accuracy prior to submission to the Student Loan Underwriter(s).
- Communicate professionally and effectively with internal and external customers regarding status requests, missing information, and explanation of required documentation
- Upload documents and student loan application artifacts into the Loan Originations System.
- Confirm completion of applicants’ financial literacy modules as part of the underwriting approval process.
- Perform other loan origination tasks as assigned by management.
Basic Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Prior loan processing and verification experience, such as auto, mortgage or student loan is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, with a high level of attention to details.
- Must be an effective communicator, both orally and written.
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Must be competent in the use of MS Excel.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Mortgage, Auto or Student Loan: 1 year (Preferred)
- Loan Processing: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)