In 1944, a group of regional truck leasing company owners met in Chicago to discuss how they could work together to provide maintenance for one another as their trucks began to travel across the country. From that meeting, NationaLease was born. Today, maintenance and the technicians who provide it still form the backbone of the NationaLease system. We are looking to strengthen our team with people who share our passion for providing a high level of quality and service to our customers. If you are that sort of person, we’d love to hear from you. Additional information can be found on our website at http://www.nationalease.com. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
The Fred Taylor Company, Inc. is one of the largest privately owned transportation/distribution company in Georgia. In addition to being the parent company of Interstate Nationalease (INL), the Fred Taylor Company is also the parent company of TransPower, Inc., and Interstate Warehouse Services. INL's sister company, TransPower, Inc., is a truck and trailer dealership that provides sales and service of vehicles to clients throughout the Southeast. Interstate Warehouse Services, INL's other sister company, is a warehouse operation that offers over a million square feet of modern storage.
Interstate Nationalease, a subsidiary of Fred Taylor Company, Inc., is recognized for our expertise in the truck and trailer leasing field. Our mission is to provide leading edge transportation solutions for our customers. INL specializes in "Full-Service" truck leasing, guaranteed and customized maintenance, and commercial rental. We are a company that has been committed to serving each customer's individual needs with loyalty and dedication for over half century.
Our most important goal is customer satisfaction. Our customer is the life blood of our business and as such deserves quality products and superior service. INL's quality statement of "We will consistently deliver defect-free service that exceeds customer expectations" reflects our commitment to customer satisfaction.
At INL, we offer competitive wages, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including:
Excellent health benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance.
- Incentive/Performance bonus plan.
- Training opportunities.
- Uniforms provided.
- Paid major holidays (two days at Christmas).
- 401 (k) plan.
- A safe, drug-free workplace, high-tech work environment.
- Family style working atmosphere.
What You’ll Do
The Diesel Mechanic’s primary responsibility is performing repairs and maintenance on vehicles in such a manner that their productivity and quality fall within truck industry OEM standards while providing the best customer service possible. Have a thorough knowledge of most facets of truck components, including engines, brakes, clutches, suspension, transmissions, axles, general repairs, and the ability to diagnose and repair these components. Responsibilities may include training other technicians, within their capabilities. Vehicles must be repaired right the first time. Must enter work performed in the computer. Must comply with warranty procedures, accounting procedures, parts ordering procedures, parking vehicles, maintain tool controls, safety practices, and environmental regulations. A complete set of hand tools is required to perform job duties. Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with the customer to determine their needs and advise of the work done.
- Complete fuel tickets, repair orders, time cards, and other required documents.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections as specified in the PM manual using technicians hand tools and shop equipment.
- Diagnose basic engine, drive train, and chassis mechanical problems. Diagnose all brakes, A/C, cab, instruments, tires, wheels, 12 volt electrical system, engine system, trailer repair, liftgates, and other components which may need repair or adjustment.
- Perform necessary repairs and adjustments using tools and equipment as stated above in the following areas: air conditioning/heating, cab, instruments, brakes, frame, tires, wheels, drive train, 12 volt electrical system, engine system, trailer repair, liftgates, and other components which may need repair or adjustment.
- Drive vehicles within Company property and on public roads as required. Must meet required license and medical requirements to operate vehicles on public roads.
- Perform emergency road service. Must meet required license and medical requirements to operate vehicles on public roads.
- Wash and fuel equipment when necessary.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and orderly shop and equipment. This may involve sweeping, scrubbing, painting, and yard maintenance such as mowing, snow removal, etc.
- Observe safety rules and regulations, shop work rules, company policy, and other posted or verbal instruction from management.
- Attend all required shop meetings and training activities. Some of these may be held after normal working hours.
- Participate in any process and quality improvement activities.
What We’re Looking For
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Two (2) to five (5) years of related experience; certificate from diesel mechanic trade school preferred
- Prefer ASE Certifications
- Pass pre-employment DOT physical and drug screen
- Must have a valid driver license. Prefer to have a valid CDL within ninety (90) days of employment
- Minimum tool inventory as listed below
- Minimum of 20/40 corrected vision as outlined by the DOT
- Provide their own leather, safety steel toe, oil resistant sole shoes
- Provide their own transportation to and from work
- Be active in the Detroit G-2 training for series 60 and the DD platform.
- Be active in the Cummins ISB, ISM, and ISX series engines.
- Reclaim Certification card on file
- Read, write, understand, and communicate as required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Proficient working knowledge of computers and diagnostic software.
. Ability to complete assignments in a reasonable time as determined by the Customer Service Manager or Shift Lead Person.
All basic hand tools, air impact wrench and sockets, hand ratchet and sockets, combination wrenches, volt/ohm meter, testing equipment, specialty wrenches, lockable tool box.
Normal work week of forty (40) hours plus overtime as required; availability to work any shift; availability to work any day of the week, including weekends; to be on your feet at least 75% of your working hours; push, pull, carry, and lift up to 75 lbs. up to shoulder height; kneel, crouch, turn and twist; climb ladders over 6 ft. off ground level; flexibility, dexterity, and vision to reach, evaluate, and repair small components; present a clean, neat appearance and conduct yourself with proper business behavior; ability to work in and around dust, diesel fumes, solvents, oil spills, and electrical equipment within OSHA regulations; extreme temperatures from below 0F to above 100F.