Full-timeEstimated: $79,000 - $98,000 a year
- Communication skills
- Hotel experience
- Bachelor's degree
Full Job Description
Anticipated start date for this position in January 1, 2022
- Directs the overall Sales and Marketing operations of the Hotel towards the maximising of revenues, through sales, yield distribution, and communication strategies, and through the consistent positioning of the Hotel within the guidelines established for the brand, ensuring brand clarity and integrity is maintained at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively participates in the Business Plan preparation with emphasis on driving the revenue objectives for the Hotel.
- Develops an effective marketing plan, with clear objectives and sales goals, per each business segment, towards achievement of budget revenue targets.
- Ensures all brand standards and values are maintained at all time within the Hotel and that deviations (if any) from the Visual Identity Manual are recorded and agreed by Corporate Office.
- Recommends and oversees the approved advertising and communications plan for the Hotel.
- Directs and approves the overall travel plans of the S&M team to maximise coverage and revenue potential for the Hotel.
- Takes a lead position in the Hotel’s weekly / monthly forecasting meetings, working closely with the revenue management team and devices strategies to achieve goals/targets.
- Is conversant with revenue management and channel / distribution management, using these tools to effectively support decision making.
- Establishes and reviews marketing and sales budgets and allocated expenditures to ensure most effective use of funds available to support business objectives.
- Regularly conducts and reviews the business performance and productivity with the team.
- Optimises the opportunities in driving business via all available channels / distribution avenues.
- Maximises and leverages the support from Corporate Sales and Marketing team in pursuing business from key segments and managed accounts including corporate RFPs and prospects for new business.
- Drives sales and marketing initiatives and activities to optimise synergy amongst sister hotels on cross-selling. Such activities include joint sales calls, co-partnership, trade shows, exhibitions, client events, cluster or group-wide promotions etc.
- Provides feedback through marketing intelligence, to better guide business decisions, both long and short terms.
- Works closely with local community and CVB to ensure hotel is integrated as strong local business partner.
- Works closely with Director of Food and Beverage to ensure marketing support to Food and Beverage promotional events and for the co-ordination of advertising needs.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships with all Division Heads and is an active part of the senior management team.
- Develops and updates policies and manuals, as related to the Division / Department, for implementation in the field, while ensuring compliance to the same for consistency across the group.
- Actively participates in and leads recruitment and talent development for the Division / Department, to meet both current and future needs.
- Is a “Brand Ambassador” at all times and ensures brand integrity and clarity is always maintained.
- Models the Corporate culture, vision, mission and core values at all times.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the duties involved in this position, the company reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when business need dictates.
- Well developed leadership competencies.
- Strong organiser and planner, able to think long / short term.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and extract trends from data and strategise outcomes.
Hotel Management Diploma / Degree, or equivalent Bachelor’s degree in the Marketing field, or equivalent work related experience.
- Over ten years progressive Sales and Marketing work-related experience, preferably in the hotel industry.
- Over seven years in a management capacity is required with minimum over three years in a Director of Sales & Marketing position.
- Pre-opening experience preferred.
- Resort experience preferred.