We are currently seeking qualified intern candidates to participate in our paid Spring/Summer 2018 Internship Program within the Information Technology Department.
Primary responsibilities will be handling incoming Service Desk requests over the phone and email; including routing incidents to the appropriate group or groups. The intern will also be responsible for our first contact resolution incidents such as password resets and unlocks. Minimal travel in between our local offices in the NY metro area may also be required.
- Provide first-tier computer and software support and response to users on-site and via telephone.
- Update existing support tickets and monitor new tickets in the Hippo Help Desk Ticketing software.
- Perform PC setup and maintenance, including operating system and software installation either for new hires or hardware refresh.
- Perform LAN and remote access/VPN troubleshooting to isolate and resolve problems.
- Perform maintenance and administration of PC based applications including email, MS Office, internet browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox) anti-virus software, and other department-specific applications.
- Catalog and maintain PC and laptop hardware, software and warranty inventory.
- Document and update all IT support processes on a continual basis. Document related issues to maintain an IT knowledge base.
- Provide weekly status report on open and resolved issues.
- Provide onsite support for Teterboro and metro area locations.
- Perform any other duties related to Information Technology as assigned.
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Understanding of PCs and peripherals in a networked environment.
- MS Windows 7, MS Windows Server (2003/2008/2012), Active Directory, VMware virtual infrastructure support experience.
- LAN support experience, including understanding of Ethernet, TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS. Experience with Dell network switches a plus.
- Working knowledge of MS Office 2010/2013, and remote support tools (RDP, TeamViewer, etc).
- Knowledge and understanding of personal computers, operating systems (Windows), hardware and peripherals.
- Under supervision, proactively follows up on outstanding issues/tickets.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication, superb listening and follow-up abilities.
- Working knowledge of PC imaging tools (Acronis, Altiris, etc).
- Remote access support experience.
- Experience supporting iPhone or Tablets in an enterprise environment.
- Working knowledge of GP/Dynamics a plus.
- Independent and with desire for continuous learning to maintain a level of technical competency and business awareness as new technologies are implemented.
- One or more certifications as mentioned above preferred.
- Superior Customer Service orientation.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $12.00 /hour