Allstate Identity Protection provides industry-leading identity protection and digital privacy solutions to consumers and clients. Our headquarters is in Scottsdale, Arizona with a major footprint in Chicago, Illinois. We are passionate about our culture and offer team members rewarding opportunities in a fast-growing, dynamic environment.
The Emerging/Innovation Products team at Allstate Identity Protection is tasked with bringing new-to-world digital protection and privacy solutions to market. For example, we built the Allstate Digital Footprint, a first of its kind tool that helps consumers better understand their online exposure and privacy, announcing the product at CES and launching it broadly last year.
In October 2018, The Allstate Corporation (NYSE:
ALL) announced that it has closed its $525m acquisition of InfoArmor. This acquisition has solidified Allstate’s offering with an innovative high-growth business to further expand their portfolio of protection products and services, which includes Allstate, Esurance, Encompass, SquareTrade and Answer Financial brands, a diverse set of channels, and access to tens of millions of customers.
Collaborate with developers, product managers, and quality assurance to translate high-level business objectives into functional stories and specifications that can be executed on by development teams
Work with stakeholders to balance business and technical needs and manifest these as clear priorities for the development team
Determine and perform acceptance criteria and ad-hoc functional testing of new features
Effectively manage trade-offs between cost/schedule versus business benefit
Own multiple features and capabilities—and likely multiple backlogs and agile scrum teams—influence cross-functional teams to plan/organize work, manage risks, communicate effectively, adapt to inevitable challenges and drive delivery
Manage and coordinate integrations and performance within and across services, external systems and multiple lines of business
Work with product managers, 3rd party vendors and partners to develop and own a backlog that meets future customer needs and takes advantage of new technologies
- 3+ years of experience as a software product owner in an agile development environment (or a product manager or technical manager with hands on experience managing backlogs and collaborating with developers). Experience building and managing high engagement digital consumer products and features on a flexible, services-based platform is a plus (i.e. mobile, APIs).
- Manage product backlog and story refinement meetings
- Work with the Product Manager to prioritize features to maximize business value and set deliver on release schedules.
- Experience with software development and project management tools including Jira and Confluence
- Ability to build relationship with developers and internal stakeholders to understand requirements and priorities and validate output of development team sprints
- Experience leading scrum ceremonies and removing impediments for development sprints.
- Attention to detail and deadline-focused.
- Familiarity with mobile, React, PHP, Java, SQL Databases, Data Warehouses and utilizing Data visualization tools such as PowerBI with key stakeholders desired
- Strong user and stakeholder focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communicator, comfortable having product and technical discussions with both internal and external developers and UX teams
- Comfortable discussing high level concepts with customers on technical and business topics
- Excel in team environments, experience working in “pods” of developers, quality engineers and technical project managers
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to drive the implementation of new features as well as resolve operational issues
- Ability to facilitate communication between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Desire to be creative and 'scrappy' to ensure success of a critical product with high visibility within the company.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business