Laundry Equipment Sales Representative (Commercial Sales)
The Laundry Equipment Sales Representative must be able to sell new and used commercial laundry equipment to a variety of industries. In addition, this role also acts as an account manager to manage and maintain relations between new and existing customers. The Laundry Equipment Sales Representative must possess product knowledge of various company's products and services and be able to educate others on various offerings that will suit the different industries serviced.
This representative is responsible for the following:
- Growing the Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania area territory
- Actively seeking new accounts through cold-calling
- Selling distributor’s products and services to industries like hospitality, vended laundry, multi-housing, nursing care facilities, etc.
- Meeting sales goals set by management
- Developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of products and services to supply accurate information to current and potential customers
- Evaluating customer needs and making recommendations utilizing various sales methods
- Meeting established sales and gross profit goals
- Preparing weekly sales plans and completing all call reports following established company procedures
- Schedule installations and repairs as needed with Parts & Service Manager
- Ensuring that customers are able to effectively operate their machinery
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; or equivalent experience
- Valid U.S. Driver’s license with clean driving record
- Able to communicate effectively with a variety of people from various backgrounds
- 3-5 years of prior outside sales experience in a business-to-business (B2B) industrial or commercial equipment setting; prior experience selling to hospitality, healthcare, vended laundry, and/or linen companies is preferred but not required.
- An ability to learn about commercial products and offerings at a quick pace
- Self-motivated and self-driven to service the Columbus market
- Key characteristics needed; integrity, interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, planning and executing skills, punctuality
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal relationship skills
- Mechanical aptitude; general plumbing, electrical, & HVAC knowledge required
Advantage Equipment, Inc. offers training and a compensation package which includes a base salary, commissions, and car expense. Columbus based candidates are urged to apply since we do not offer relocation at this time. Candidates will be asked to submit a test drug test.
Who we are:
Advantage Equipment, Inc. is a leader in the commercial laundry industry servicing the Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, and West Virginia area for more than 20 years. Some of the industries service including but not limited to: hotels/motels, multi-housing units, vended laundry, healthcare facilities, etc. Advantage Equipment, Inc. distributes the following companies’ machinery: Continental Girbau, Inc., LG, Hamilton Engineering, Navien, Anderson Chemical, etc.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- Business-to-Business Sales: 3 years (Required)
- Industrial / Commercial Equipment Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- General Electric, Plumbing, & HVAC: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture