The Holiday Inn is currently looking for an Assistant General Manager to join their team. The successful candidate must have at least 2 years of IHG experiencein the form of Assistant GM, Director or Front Desk Manager.
To ensure continuing long-term revenue maximization and profitability while adhering to the pricing and marketing philosophy of the hotel and ensuring the guests receive complete satisfaction; continuous improvement of quality and service; protection of the owner’s asset, including physical structure, financial stability and reputation.
- Maintain guest service as the driving philosophy of the hotel.
- Personally demonstrate a commitment to guest service by responding to guests’ needs.
- IS COMMITTED TO MAKING EVERY GUEST COMPLETELY SATISFIED.
- Ensure hotel staff, including all new-hires, know all components of the Service Program, and are trained to meet service standards; develop added-value customer service programs.
- Empower hotel staff to deliver guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance.
- Ensure hotel standards contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service.
- Ensure every guest has a memorable, positive guest experience
Front Desk Management
- Ensures front desk staff is trained in all front desk operations, including check-in/check-out procedures, telephone procedures, hotel amenities and computer system.
- Ensures front desk staff is trained in and follows financial control procedures for cash, vouchers, inventories and receivables
- Produces accurate financial reports on time.
Human Resource Management
- Manages human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance planning and evaluation and pay/ reward programs to maintain a qualified front desk workforce.
- Maintains a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
- Emphasizes employee selection, training and development as way of doing business.
- Ensures all hotel employees know hotel objectives.
- Ensures personnel files are accurate and comply with both local and federal laws and regulations. * Administers personnel policies fairly and consistently.
- Resolves employee grievances in a fair and timely manner.
- Ensures employees understand policies, pay procedures, bonus plans and benefits.
- Helps develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports.
- Ensures completion of training objectives and development plans
- Monitors and maintains acceptable turnover levels.
Safety and Security Management
- Know local health and safety codes and regulations that apply to the hotel.
- Recognize and correct potential safety hazards such as broken doors or railings, fire hazards, etc.
- Recognize and correct potential security problems such as locking doors after hours, etc.
- Understand and follow policies and procedures for the hotel’s key control system and ensures others are trained in same.
- Use ongoing safety training to minimize worker’s compensation claims
- Maintain guest service as the driving philosophy of the hotel and exhibit commitment to making sure every guest is satisfied.
- Ensure all team members, including new-hires, know all components of the brand standards and are trained to meet service standards.
- Perform daily/weekly inspections of the facility to ensure cleanliness and maintenance issues are addressed promptly and effectively.
- Develop added-value customer service programs.
- Empower team members to deliver great guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance.
- Manage human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance planning and evaluation, and pay/reward programs to maintain a qualified front desk workforce.
- Provide feedback to staff during meetings about guest survey scores, financial goals/budgets, and operational issues to facilitate associate understanding and buy-in toward areas in need of improvement.
- Maintain a safe working environment throughout the hotel for all associates by enforcing safety guidelines and building awareness about safety.
- Develop and implement processes for continuous improvement of service and performance.
- Identify high demand times and take action to drive incremental revenue during these times through effective yield management.
- Comply with all local and brand restaurant policies and procedures
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $68,000.00 /year
- IHG: 2 years
- Management: 4 years