Liqui-Grow is a family owned full-service Ag retailer who sells and custom applies crop inputs on about 1.5 million acres annually in eastern, IA, northwest, IL and southwest, WI. Liqui-Grow is unique given they manufacture their own fertilizers, which include liquid suspension and a full lineup of in-furrow and 2x2 starter fertilizers. Since Liqui-Grow has fertilizer manufacturing capabilities they also have a research and development division.
This job involves application of chemical and fertilizer to fields from spring to fall. Spring will be very busy, weekends may be involved. Field scouting and meeting with customer/prospects is needed when application is not occurring.
· Participate in all training activities pursuant to gaining knowledge of the products and the benefits to the farmer by their use.
· Undertake the necessary Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) training with the goal of passing the CCA test within two years and obtaining certification at the culmination of the required work experience.
· Develop a comprehensive prospect and current customer list including the farmer’s needs and wants with a schedule for completing an adequate number of calls.
· Take soil samples and do the necessary scouting of the customer’s fields to develop the proper recommendation for fertilizer and pesticide applications.
· Assist the farmer by applying his purchased fertilizer and pesticides in a timely and accurate manner.
· Insure that the application equipment has the necessary safety equipment and that it is utilized at all times.
· Keep the manager and team fully informed of all operations.
· Assist in the collection of past due accounts.
· You may be expected to use and or sell precision Agriculture Technologies and tools when needed.
· Class A CDL with Tanker (N) endorsement
· Applicator License
· Health/Dental Insurance
· 401K Profit Sharing Plan
· Cafeteria Plan/Medical & Dependent Care
· Paid Vacation/Sick Leave
· Short Term/Long Term Disability (eligibility required)
· Life Insurance (eligibility required)
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous