Tribalco provides mission-critical information technology, integrated telecommunications, and soldier survival solutions to defense, civilian government, and commercial customers around the world. We are a trusted systems integrator with a global presence, providing advanced and innovative lifecycle solutions, from engineering and installation to operations and maintenance, for the enterprise. With superior technical ingenuity and a proven record of performance excellence, Tribalco is the technology contractor of choice for meeting the unique and complex requirements of our discerning customers. Focused on defense and security technologies, Tribalco delivers unrivaled expertise, ingenuity, and reliability across a wide range of capabilities including cloud computing solutions, advanced wireless implementations, and tactical combat casualty care. Tribalco is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, with additional offices in Colorado and Florida.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Systems Administrator to join our rapidly growing team. The position requires an in-depth understanding of Army C4IM services, Operating Systems and Network Operations. Under general direction, responsible for activities related to system administration. Assigns personnel to various projects, directs their activities, and evaluates their work. Ensures long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization. Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer software. Implements operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor of Science/Arts Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or Science or Business Administration or Mathematics. Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of specialized experience, or an associate's degree plus 7 years of specialized experience, or a major certification plus 7 years of specialized experience, or 11 years of specialized experience.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert or Microsoft Certified IT Professional Server Administrator One of the following certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- Extensive knowledge and minimum 4 years of experience in SAN/NAS technologies to include: SAN/Clustering Technology, Disaster Recovery Principles, SAN Fiber Channel networks.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of disk backup technology to include both internal and external arrays. Strong understanding of TCP/IP network architecture and implementation.
- Knowledge and understanding of the associated IA principles and framework applied to ensure information assurance and security of those services.
- Enterprise System Administration experience on Microsoft Windows platform and EMC software including EMC Control Center, Navisphere Manager, and Symantec Command Central Storage; an understanding of a wide array of server grade applications to include Active Directory, Lotus Notes, Windows DNS, IIS, Apache, SharePoint, SCCM/SCOM, VM, Patch Management, and LDAP.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Tribalco LLC employees enjoy competitive compensation and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and paid vacations. Travel and project expenses are 100% reimbursable. Travel may be required on this assignment as the program is managed and encompasses various locations throughout the United States. This is a full time position with 40 or more hours per week.
Tribalco is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit resume, salary requirements and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.